What's wrong with Booker?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's going to be a little trickier than that:

The starting five from each conference consists of three frontcourt players and two guards, selected by a combination of fan, player, and media voting.
Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Star_Game

So 6 front court, 4 back court, 2 wildcards

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since NBA rosters have allowed 13 active players for games in the last few seasons they should expand the All Star teams to 13 also.

Regarding fan voting, fans should be allowed to vote for the starters after the teams are made. That wouldn't really hurt anything and allow players, coaches, and the press to select teams entirely on their own.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since NBA rosters have allowed 13 active players for games in the last few seasons they should expand the All Star teams to 13 also.

Regarding fan voting, fans should be allowed to vote for the starters after the teams are made. That wouldn't really hurt anything and allow players, coaches, and the press to select teams entirely on their own.

That would be an improvement but I'd still be against it. I want the best players, not the fan or media favorites nor the players from just the big city markets. Do it right, make it THE best players or as close as you can get to it.

The real problem isn't just fan voting, it's that the league has grown considerably and the roster size hasn't come close to keeping up. The league is aware of this but their argument is that the league has grown, but 48 minutes is still 48 minutes. As the roster size stands currently, there's already fan and player disappointment when it comes minutes available.

I think the solution is to get rid of the gimmick games (senior game, rookie/2nd year game, rookie/international games etc.) and just expand to a Saturday and Sunday game (or a double header if that sells better). Four full rosters, 10 players per. And do everything you can to avoid the appearance of an A team and a B team, make them equal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That would be an improvement but I'd still be against it. I want the best players, not the fan or media favorites nor the players from just the big city markets. Do it right, make it THE best players or as close as you can get to it.

The real problem isn't just fan voting, it's that the league has grown considerably and the roster size hasn't come close to keeping up. The league is aware of this but their argument is that the league has grown, but 48 minutes is still 48 minutes. As the roster size stands currently, there's already fan and player disappointment when it comes minutes available.

I think the solution is to get rid of the gimmick games (senior game, rookie/2nd year game, rookie/international games etc.) and just expand to a Saturday and Sunday game (or a double header if that sells better). Four full rosters, 10 players per. And do everything you can to avoid the appearance of an A team and a B team, make them equal.
That’s interesting. But 40 all stars seems like a LOT. Kinda like the idea of a three day tourney with 4 teams. First two games Saturday with all star championship Monday night. Four captains who choose their teams after the 40 are selected. Have there be some significant prize.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. But 40 all stars seems like a LOT. Kinda like the idea of a three day tourney with 4 teams. First two games Saturday with all star championship Monday night. Four captains who choose their teams after the 40 are selected. Have there be some significant prize.

It does but there were 20 all stars back in 1951 and they only had 8 teams (with smaller rosters).

I like the 3 day tourney idea as long as it's enough to keep the league from adding that other tournament they keep talking about. But wear and tear on players is the obvious issue.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So it’s now just divvied up as frontcourt and backcourt? Interesting.

based on those lists, if Devin and the Suns keep playing well, I think he’s one of the 12 guys from the West who gets in. Top 6 from each back and front court make sense.

Gobert is not on there for some reason...I have to assume he makes it. That would mean it probably comes down to Booker vs. Morant or Fox for that last spot. I would think Booker makes the cut, but probably is around 12th of the top 12 candidates right now, unless I'm missing something.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It does but there were 20 all stars back in 1951 and they only had 8 teams (with smaller rosters).

I like the 3 day tourney idea as long as it's enough to keep the league from adding that other tournament they keep talking about. But wear and tear on players is the obvious issue.
It would only be two games for half for the players and one game for half the players.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Would I be jinxing anything if I suggest we bury this thread? (Maybe start a new one titled "Book is freaking amazing" or something).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering why @BC867 has gone completely mute on this subject.

I guess spitting on people’s graves is a better use of his time instead of ever admitting he was flatly wrong... about anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Would I be jinxing anything if I suggest we bury this thread? (Maybe start a new one titled "Book is freaking amazing" or something).
Lol I was going to say, “time to bury this thread.”

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mentioned it in the Philly game thread but ill mention it here also, I think Booker's hammy was bothering him more than we knew before he took a few games off. Since his return he has been the player we saw solidify his All Star status in the bubble last season. He's looked great.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned it in the Philly game thread but ill mention it here also, I think Booker's hammy was bothering him more than we knew before he took a few games off. Since his return he has been the player we saw solidify his All Star status in the bubble last season. He's looked great.

yeah... he looks like Bubble Book right now. Gets any shot he wants.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Nothing seems to be wrong with Booker right now. I am pretty sure he is averaging 30 points per game in the last five or six games.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a good point. Booker looks revived. He pushes himself so hard perhaps he needed the rest.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was hobbling a bit early in the season. I noticed when he was walking off the court. He seems to be better now. He has more lift on his shot and is just a hair quicker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave