Banned from P+R
Reaction score
5 years at 80mil
60mil guaranteed with 10mil of that being a year 5 roster bonus
making the contract effectively 4 years at 64mil

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do our other CB's not play in the exact same zone scheme? Are these graders just picking on Murphy?
Who knows? They're not reliable because the graders have no idea who has primary responsibility on each play.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows? They're not reliable because the graders have no idea who has primary responsibility on each play.

Ok. Well the same goes for everyone else right? But they just get it wrong for Murphy?

And it's really not difficult to know if Murphy is responsible. As the outside left CB it's going to be rare that he's passing someone off behind him and obvious when he is. The amount of times someone watching analyzing a play might get it wrong are a handful over a season.

FYI I'm not saying he's a mediocre CB because what the stats say, I already thought he was and the stats just confirm it.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If you can't come to terms on a reasonable contract with Murphy, you tag him with the non-exclusive tag. This gives you one year of control and you get to see how he pans out for 2023. If some team is willing to go that high on Murphy then you get two 1st round picks. To me that is good enough compensation for a team that needs so much. Allen you work to an agreement with him to keep him. There isn't much difference between the top ten salaries of CB and DL. The top ten DL total out to roughly 175 million and CB a 172 million.

Allen has shown more overall improvement than Murphy and the Dline is so bare right now, you almost need to defer to keeping Allen.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barely anyone wanted Kirk to stay and now we have to sign our draft picks?
Barely anyone wanted Kirk to stay and now we have to sign our draft picks?
Of course not every one. An organization needs to recognize their assets. Sometimes that might mean signing a player a year early. We don’t do that which results even overpaying or watching a player walk away.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok. Well the same goes for everyone else right? But they just get it wrong for Murphy?

And it's really not difficult to know if Murphy is responsible. As the outside left CB it's going to be rare that he's passing someone off behind him and obvious when he is. The amount of times someone watching analyzing a play might get it wrong are a handful over a season.

FYI I'm not saying he's a mediocre CB because what the stats say, I already thought he was and the stats just confirm it.
The arrogance of this statement is astounding.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked but I suspect some of the reason guys replacing Byron did ok is that we changed our defense to protect them which is why the run defense was so bad the last part of the season and why people were suddenly saying Jalen Thompson wasn't playing well. Jalen was both hurt, and being asked to cover more because Byron was out.

IMO

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely think people will be shocked by what he gets. He's a solid CB in a CB hungry league.

I think they will but not in the way you think.

Donte Jackson got $11.5m last year. DJ Reed $11m. Darius Leonard $10m. Chavarious Ward $13.5m.

He's not beating those guys.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until a new GM is selected this is all moot.

Hopefully MB makes a GM decision fairly quickly and this team can start moving forward.

Then it comes down to who the new HC is and his staff.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Pay the man. Pay the man and promise to make him one of the faces of the franchise. He's an Arizona legend and he's a fantastic player

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find it interesting when someone asks for others opinions and then just tells them how they are very wrong. Come on dude.

I'm not allowed an opinion because I asked? It's a "discussion forum".

I'm not telling anyone they are wrong. I might be wrong. We just have a different opinion and are having a chat about it.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like this thread is bait for an argument down the road where Brit holds message board idiots to the same standard as the general manager of an NFL football team.

Poster #1: I think X player is a JAG and only worth $10m

A year goes by...

Poster #2: X player is in the playoffs and leads their team in sacks/yards/TDs and you were wrong.

Poster #1: WHY DO YOU HOLD ME TO THE SAME STANDARDS AS AN NFL GM!!

Nobody is doing that dude. They are just saying you were wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not allowed an opinion because I asked? It's a "discussion forum".

I'm not telling anyone they are wrong. I might be wrong. We just have a different opinion and are having a chat about it.
You ask what other's opinions are and then you make these statements "It would be a monumental waste of money to pay him more than $12m."

That statement isn't prompting a chat or a discussion.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You ask what other's opinions are and then you make these statements "It would be a monumental waste of money to pay him more than $12m."

That statement isn't prompting a chat or a discussion.

That's not a statement. That's my opinion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave