What We Do in the Shadows (FX)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to see the pilot. It was...okay. A few laugh moments, a few good setups, but nothing nearly as good as the original.

Now I have Hulu for free for a while now, and the two shows I got it for aren't doing much for me. Ah well.
After one episode? Ok LOL. Your loss.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
After one episode? Ok LOL. Your loss.
Sorry, I forgot I have to be lockstep in my love of television shows with you. Also, I didn't say I wasn't going to watch it. I probably won't watch all of them, because it just doesn't come across a bingeworthy and I have a limited time to watch. I'll definitely try another episode or two. If it were one a week, it would likely make the rotation.

The other show, Y, I gave two episodes. Rather foolish and optimistic after a lousy 1st episode, as the 2nd was a dud as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot I have to be lockstep in my love of television shows with you. Also, I didn't say I wasn't going to watch it. I probably won't watch all of them, because it just doesn't come across a bingeworthy and I have a limited time to watch. I'll definitely try another episode or two. If it were one a week, it would likely make the rotation.

The other show, Y, I gave two episodes. Rather foolish and optimistic after a lousy 1st episode, as the 2nd was a dud as well.
It’s one thing to completely hate a movie after one viewing, it’s yet another to do it after the pilot of a single tv show.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s one thing to completely hate a movie after one viewing, it’s yet another to do it after the pilot of a single tv show.
Hate? "It was...okay. A few laugh moments, a few good setups, but nothing nearly as good as the original." Yeah, that's unmitigated, scorching hate, alright LOL

If you're talking about Y, I watched 2 episodes, as I said in my previous post.

So your problem is, again, me not liking what you liked?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hate? "It was...okay. A few laugh moments, a few good setups, but nothing nearly as good as the original." Yeah, that's unmitigated, scorching hate, alright LOL

If you're talking about Y, I watched 2 episodes, as I said in my previous post.

So your problem is, again, me not liking what you liked?
If you want to take it personally that’s on you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I didn’t love straight away either. Shadows eventually grew on me. That said I don’t think every episode is great, but the great ones are definitely great.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My God, the season 3 finale was fan-freaking-tastic. Dare I say one of the best comedy season finales ever?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Season 5 has been good, bordering on great. The last episode with the flooding was brilliant. And I just LOL'd at the latest description of the newest episode:

"When Guillermo is injured, Nadja takes him to Urgent Care. Colin has trouble feeding."

Nadja and Gizmo at Urgent Care? Can't wait for that.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Season 5 has been good, bordering on great. The last episode with the flooding was brilliant. And I just LOL'd at the latest description of the newest episode:

"When Guillermo is injured, Nadja takes him to Urgent Care. Colin has trouble feeding."

Nadja and Gizmo at Urgent Care? Can't wait for that.
Wait, there was a last episode that was brilliant? I just remember starting it, Nandor coming on screen, and then it ended.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first episode of season 5 didn’t keep my interest so I stopped watching.

Last two nights I’ve been a little tipsy and started it back up, blowing thru 5 new episodes and *******… this show is still just brilliant and hilarious.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should try again. I couldn't eve get through Season 1, lost interest and never went back. I will give it another go.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've burned through 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. Safe to say, we dig this!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wha??

Best comedy currently on television right now. Easily.
Have no idea why. it's the style of the comedy I think. It just didn't hook me or the wife. I think I got 2 or 3 episodes in. Going to give it another go though based on the above.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Have no idea why. it's the style of the comedy I think. It just didn't hook me or the wife. I think I got 2 or 3 episodes in. Going to give it another go though based on the above.
Did you not like The Office or Parks and Rec? It takes that premise and goes way over the top with it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you not like The Office or Parks and Rec? It takes that premise and goes way over the top with it.
Watched those on and off during their runs. I am now just going back and watching the episodes I missed.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started S5 last night. My god, I love Colin Robinson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr