What to Make of This Game

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The 2 tight ends clearly available are Ertz & Howard. Ertz is not anxious to be traded and Howard would cost more that he would be certain to contribute. I’ve heard Engram is also available but he drops more than he catches. You could get Ebron, but I think he’s done. I’d call the Fins about Mike Gesicki. Not a big time talent but affordable and fills the immediate need. I already posted I believe Cameron Dantzler is available. He’s likely as good as it gets. As to what Keim is doing. He’s great at staying under the radar. Suffice it to say he knows more than I do about these guys and others.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The 2 tight ends clearly available are Ertz & Howard. Ertz is not anxious to be traded and Howard would cost more that he would be certain to contribute.
problem as i see it:

with Philly's win vs Carolina, they think they still have a chance.

and, why would Tampa trade a player to a team that they may meet in the playoffs?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The 2 tight ends clearly available are Ertz & Howard. Ertz is not anxious to be traded and Howard would cost more that he would be certain to contribute. I’ve heard Engram is also available but he drops more than he catches. You could get Ebron, but I think he’s done. I’d call the Fins about Mike Gesicki. Not a big time talent but affordable and fills the immediate need. I already posted I believe Cameron Dantzler is available. He’s likely as good as it gets. As to what Keim is doing. He’s great at staying under the radar. Suffice it to say he knows more than I do about these guys and others.
I think you're incorrect about how much Gesicki would cost. He's turned into a reliable TE who is a decent blocker and a good receiver. Miami spent a 2nd round pick on him and I don't think they would trade him for a mid to late round selection. Besides I don't think Miami would have any interest in trading him.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt we bring in anybody with the signing of Rodgers.

We’ll see how things shake out for a week or two before any moves would be made.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think you're incorrect about how much Gesicki would cost. He's turned into a reliable TE who is a decent blocker and a good receiver. Miami spent a 2nd round pick on him and I don't think they would trade him for a mid to late round selection. Besides I don't think Miami would have any interest in trading him.
I’m not certain they would trade him. I based this on the fact he is rarely a target in their offense. I’m also thinking another loss will likely make them think about saving money. It would likely be a conditional pick. Part of this depends on what Rodgers has left. He was certainly worth the look but I rate him a long shot.

Karma, as to trading with a playoff team, it not as big an issue as say baseball. Dantzler is likely not in their plans as I’m hearing they’re chasing corners.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I’m not certain they would trade him. I based this on the fact he is rarely a target in their offense. I’m also thinking another loss will likely make them think about saving money. It would likely be a conditional pick. Part of this depends on what Rodgers has left. He was certainly worth the look but I rate him a long shot.

Karma, as to trading with a playoff team, it not as big an issue as say baseball. Dantzler is likely not in their plans as I’m hearing they’re chasing corners.
I don't know Harry, Gesicki is tenth in yardage, 5th in targets and 6th in receptions among TEs in the NFL this season to date. On the Dolphins he is second in receptions and second in yardage on the team. I know he wasn't used much in prior years but it seems this season the Dolphins are finding him to be a valuable contributor in their offense.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some stupid reason this title reminded me of the movie airplane:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:biglaugh:

Sorry. Don't mind me. Carry on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member