What to expect from Dario Saric?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Glad someone else on this board has actually been paying attention.

I fully expect the same results from Saric this season that we got from Ryan Anderson last season.
We got ZERO from Anderson last season. Saric played 30.5 minutes for a much better team than ours, the Sixers. A playoff team. I believe he played 23.9 for the Twolves, who were also better than us. We got 18 minutes out of Anderson in 15 games and a bunch of DNPs. I won't even go into both their stats. It's going to be pretty near unlikely that Saric plays only 15 games for us and the rest DNP.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We got ZERO from Anderson last season. Saric played 30.5 minutes for a much better team than ours, the Sixers. A playoff team. I believe he played 23.9 for the Twolves, who were also better than us. We got 18 minutes out of Anderson in 15 games and a bunch of DNPs. I won't even go into both their stats. It's going to be pretty near unlikely that Saric plays only 15 games for us and the rest DNP.

I fully expect Saric's defense and rebounding to be as bad as Anderson's was last season, which will require that Saric be benched, just like Anderson was last season. I do expect Saric to shoot better than Anderson did last season (more in line with what Anderson shot the season before last), but the lack of defense and rebounding, especially next to Ayton, will stick out like a sore thumb, in my opinion.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I fully expect Saric's defense and rebounding to be as bad as Anderson's was last season, which will require that Saric be benched, just like Anderson was last season. I do expect Saric to shoot better than Anderson did last season (more in line with what Anderson shot the season before last), but the lack of defense and rebounding, especially next to Ayton, will stick out like a sore thumb, in my opinion.
The reason Anderson didn't play is because while being bad on defense and at rebounding he was also completely worthless on offense. I fully expect Saric to be much more effective on offense than Anderson was and for that reason alone will play a lot more minutes and games. I also think he is a more capable defender and rebounder at this point in his career than Anderson last year. Anderson was a complete shell of what he was in his prime years in pretty much every way conceivable.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kellan Olson (@KellanOlson)
7/8/19, 10:11 AM
James Jones on Dario Saric playing alongside Deandre Ayton: "Dario will have a tremendous impact on Deandre and you'll see a different Deandre because of Dario."
Seriously James???

Pairing Dario Saric with DeAndre Ayton is going to make for one of the worst starting defensive backcourts this century.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Seriously James???

Pairing Dario Saric with DeAndre Ayton is going to make for one of the worst starting defensive backcourts this century.
Almost certain he is talking about the impact Dario will have on offense. Dario is a good passer and a good shooter and because of those things Ayton's life will be much easier on that end.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He couldn't be any worse than Ricky Rubio bouncing balls off of Benders face. Hes got good hands, good exp for a 25 yr old and has better control of his body. The bottom line is its an upgrade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He couldn't be any worse than Ricky Rubio bouncing balls off of Benders face. Hes got good hands, good exp for a 25 yr old and has better control of his body. The bottom line is its an upgrade.

From Bender? Yes. From Warren, not so much, even with Warren playing out of position at PF.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is an excellent passer, decent shooter, very good ball-handler for a big man. He plays more like a wing. He is sneaky good in slipping away from his defender and getting to open space. He makes the right play more than most.

He is not that physical. While he works at D, he is not a shot-blocker or a very good rebounder.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is however 100x better than Warren sitting on the bench with a bruised ego. Career stats are almost identical.
He is a pf. Warren was a sf. And I think I could argue that he is a better defender and a much better passer.

Though I never faulted Warren for his passing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is a pf. Warren was a sf. And I think I could argue that he is a better defender and a much better passer.

Though I never faulted Warren for his passing.

Saric is a better passer and slightly better rebounder, but Warren is a better defender, ball handler, shooter and scorer.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saric is a better passer and slightly better rebounder, but Warren is a better defender, ball handler, shooter and scorer.
I loved Warren and will miss his moxie but it not all doom and gloom. Saric could surprise us and be a good fit. He has a whole country riding on his back with all the pride that comes with that. Sometimes when people get traded they over perform and improve, here's hoping this is one of those situations. Uh huh i'm the glass half full type of person.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved Warren and will miss his moxie but it not all doom and gloom. Saric could surprise us and be a good fit. He has a whole country riding on his back with all the pride that comes with that. Sometimes when people get traded they over perform and improve, here's hoping this is one of those situations.
That Saric would be a good fit would be no surprise. He is a solid player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But the most important ability is availability.

And I dont know how you can say Warren is a better defender with a straight face. Warren is probably on the same level.

Better shooter? For maybe half a season, but not for career.

You are dead set on going to any lengths to be negative. Its ridiculous.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But the most important ability is availability.

And I dont know how you can say Warren is a better defender with a straight face. Warren is probably on the same level.

Better shooter? For maybe half a season, but not for career.

You are dead set on going to any lengths to be negative. Its ridiculous.
His is consistent.:D
He acts the same way on the coyotes and D-Backs board.:eek:

iVAN

Reaction score
Saric makes good smart cuts to the basket. There's some good potential in there for him and a smart passer like Rubio.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think so as well. Saric's ability to help run the offense could be an x-factor.
Its about his passing and his intelligence within the offense. Saric has decent athleticism and skills. He plays more like a wing than a pf.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Its about his passing and his intelligence within the offense. Saric has decent athleticism and skills. He plays more like a wing than a pf.

I saw a stat today that showed that Saric through his first few seasons was in a select group of PFs with the most assists.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose