What to do with Madison Bumgarner? Diamondbacks trying to stick with him....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have been wondering in practical terms, what do you do with him? He's not retiring. No team wants to trade for a high cost pitcher past his prime. With all the rules in baseball about sending guys to the minors, I doubt he can go to Reno. Is there a way to pay him off and cut him like other sports? At this point, he's just holding up development of other guys if he's not going to contribute.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have been wondering in practical terms, what do you do with him? He's not retiring. No team wants to trade for a high cost pitcher past his prime. With all the rules in baseball about sending guys to the minors, I doubt he can go to Reno. Is there a way to pay him off and cut him like other sports? At this point, he's just holding up development of other guys if he's not going to contribute.
He can and should be cut today! The team is 10 & 5 in games he doesn’t start, and 1 & 4 in games he has started. With a 10+ ERA, there is zero logic in keeping him on the team. Combined with the way he finished last season, it couldn’t be any clearer… MadBum simply is no longer a professional baseball pitcher.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy needs to go away or at least NOT play. You'd be better off paying him but not playing him than running his dead arm out there at this point. ANY remaining pitcher on the team could do better in a start than him.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny but they honestly should have tried to get out of that contract when they found out he was trying to do rodeos Ron Mexico style.

Having wild animals yanking on your arms, back and shoulders isn't what a pitcher should be doing.
Yup

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's funny but they honestly should have tried to get out of that contract when they found out he was trying to do rodeos Ron Mexico style.

Having wild animals yanking on your arms, back and shoulders isn't what a pitcher should be doing.
Especially when you're absolute trash, and should be turning over every stone to stop sucking.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MadBum simply is no longer a professional baseball pitcher.
Horribly inaccurate take. He pitches and he gets paid to do so. That makes him a professional baseball pitcher.

Edit: guess I should have read the entire thread although he is still getting paid he just isn’t pitching

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson