What This Season and This Weekend Have Proved

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My mind is open. Futbol BLOWS! Just because the clock keeps running dont mean squat. It is a complete and utter snooze fest. There is a reason it doesn't catch on in the US. It sucks! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Billions and Billions can't be wrong.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
In your opinion, maybe, but IMO I would only watch soccer if it was a team USA game or something along those lines.

That is because you weren't brought up on it. If you had a main team, you would care more.

Still though, just if you watch the US soccer games that Landon Donovan moment in the World Cup was an amazing thing to take in.

Usually..... If your Mom or Dad didn't introduce it to you..... You will not invest yourself into it when you are growing up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That is because you weren't brought up on it. If you had a main team, you would care more.

Still though, just if you watch the US soccer games that Landon Donovan moment in the World Cup was an amazing thing to take in.

Usually..... If your Mom or Dad didn't introduce it to you..... You will not invest yourself into it when you are growing up.
The only sport my Dad brought me up in was baseball and my 2 favorite sports to watch by far are basketball and football.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Open your minds people. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Do you think there is no flopping in football? Poor officiating?

Just think about this..... What if the three worst teams in the NFL were sent to the CFL and the top 3 CFL teams came to the NFL each year. I bet there would be no "tanking for a draft pick".

And yes..... The drama and intensity is sky high. No timeouts, no commercial breaks, the clock just keeps ticking. Not for every game..... But the best games in world soccer are just as good if not better than the NFL.

No one wants to watch the Cards versus the Rams either..... Many NFL fans would have called it a "Snooze Fest".

Canada called, they said even the CFL is cooler than soccer. :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The only sport my Dad brought me up in was baseball and my 2 favorite sports to watch by far are basketball and football.

3000 foot view. Not your personal situation.

Soccer is doing a much better job now than they did in the 80's & 90's. We might actually care about the sport when we are all about to die. Cultures change one child at a time.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
the clock just keeps ticking.
What clock??? There is no intense moment while the clock is ticking down and your team is trying to get a last second shot off. No. Instead the ref looks at his watch and decides when the game is over. Sure be nice if they actually had a big clock on the scoreboard that actually counted down. Get with the times soccer!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My mind is open. Futbol BLOWS! Just because the clock keeps running dont mean squat. It is a complete and utter snooze fest. There is a reason it doesn't catch on in the US. It sucks! :)

No kidding. A soccer game consists of dribble, dribble, pass, dribble, dribble pass, kick it out of bounds. Over and over.

If they want to make soccer interesting they simply need to get rid of the goal keeper. :D

OJanderson32

Reaction score
Although I love the NFL... And bleed red....... Soccer is still the craziest crap on the planet.

For example.... The last game in the Premier league last year for Manchester City. Insane. Complete.....Utter...... Insanity. And that was just last year.

Good and bad things in both....... But I give it to Club level or World Cup level soccer.

Lol you are joking right

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch, I'll vote for the Horton/Mularkey ticket, although I don't know much about Mike Mularkey's offensive acumen. Jax had a bad offense but I know they didn't have MJD and their QB situation was similar to ours. Could you give me a few reasons for voting for MM other than he's a former HC?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Soccer Rules!!!! If you took the time to understand the game and actually tired it you would find just how hard it is to do the things these guys and women do on a soccer pitch.

The problem with most people is they give a soccer ball a few kicks and find they can't easily pick it up and they just give up since it takes a lot of practice and time to get to the level that you would become proficient at it.

I would watch a World Cup game any day over football. What you need to learn is the beauty of watching a player make a run off the ball to get into a position to score and then the player on the ball making a perfect pass to hit the other player in stride so he/she can make a great first time strike on goal.

The coordination of the defense is something else to behold. If you would give a little time to understand the game you would be amazed at how much you would like it.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What this season and this weekend have proved...

Michael Bidwill should be screaming:

"A QB! A QB! My kingdom for a QB!!!"

Period.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
would watch a World Cup game any day over football. What you need to learn is the beauty of watching a player make a run off the ball to get into a position to score and then the player on the ball making a perfect pass to hit the other player in stride so he/she can make a great first time strike on goal.

So what do you do the other 89 minutes?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So what do you do the other 89 minutes?

You can say the same thing about football. Except for the actual scores which probably take less than a minute what do you do the other 59 minutes? Are FGs really that exciting?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You can say the same thing about football. Except for the actual scores which probably take less than a minute what do you do the other 59 minutes? Are FGs really that exciting?

To compare American Football to soccer almost every American game would have to end 0-0 or 3-0. While offenses ran the ball up the middle 60 times a game against a defense with 11 men in the box.

If you enjoy the excitement of 0-0 or 1-0 games then why not just play 90 one minute games instead of one 90 minute game? :)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Shows me that defenses don't win games in the playoffs. Need an aggressive offense with a good qb and tough linemen.

Bring me McCoy for HC!!!! Horton as DC will do just fine.

Amen! I allready suspected that from 2008 with Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and company in the Super Bowl run even though that offensive line was no more than average. Defense doesn't hurt, but ultimately you've got to have a good quarterback and offensive line to win the post-season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Billions and Billions can't be wrong.

Yes....yes they can.

The greates sports moment I possibly have ever seen was Pele jumping upside down and backwards to kick a goal off of a high pass....it was awesome.... but soccer as a whole is like watching golf....hell, polo is more exciting, even cricket.......honestly, there is more excitement in competition speed chess than there is in watching soccer......

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was raised on it and love it. However, NFL football is the best TV team sport. The best and most exciting live sporting event is NHL playoff hockey. Baseball like cricket is a connoisseur sport; you love it if you understand and appreciate the strategy and intricacies. (IM0)

P.S. Billions of flies love S**t... are they right?

Last edited:

OJanderson32

Reaction score
I was raised on it and love it. However, NFL football is the best TV team sport. The best and most exciting live sporting event is NHL playoff hockey. Baseball like cricket is a connoisseur sport; you love it if you understand and appreciate the strategy and intricacies. (IM0)

The bottom line is this IS America not England or Canada, this is American football played in America by Americans, soccer is not on the radar for 99% of Americans

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I like the NFL, but sorry a sport that has a game clock of 4x15 minutes but drags out to 3+hours due to commercial breaks, timeouts and other stuff can never be the greatest viewing experience, not even close. Commercial breaks literally every 3 minutes at least are a joke and the reason why the NFL will never enjoy as much worldwide success.

Not to mention even without all the commercial breaks 50% (probably more) of the playclock runs out without anything happening while players stand around, wait for the next play etc.. so basically you are watching for 3 hours although there is only maybe 30 minutes of actual football played and part of that is fieldgoals and extra points.

I'd rather watch european football everytime, i am getting 90 minutes of action in under 2 hours. I don't have to waste nearly as much time.

And so what if the average soccer games ends with 2-1 goals, 3 scores. How many TDs are actually scored in an average NFL game, not much more, just because you award 7 points for 1 score doesn't make it high scoring.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Lmas that's funny as Hell lol

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I like the NFL, but sorry a sport that has a game clock of 4x15 minutes but drags out to 3+hours due to commercial breaks, timeouts and other stuff can never be the greatest viewing experience, not even close. Commercial breaks literally every 3 minutes at least are a joke and the reason why the NFL will never enjoy as much worldwide success.

Not to mention even without all the commercial breaks 50% (probably more) of the playclock runs out without anything happening while players stand around, wait for the next play etc..

I'd rather watch european football everytime, i am getting 90 minutes of action in under 2 hours. I don't have to waste nearly as much time.

I do agree the NFL has way way too many breaks for commercials. It would be much better if they just played 2 Halves not 4 quarters. And much less breaks.