What table are you sitting at?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there a table with Bender, Chriss, JJ, and Len?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Barkley be a rover?

Barkley would be a welcome guest at any table. He should be sitting at table #2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on why you are sitting at the table. Number 6 hands down for me. It would never be a boring table.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I want to sit at the table with Maciej Lampe.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to pick 5 but Marion being there is a negative. I have nothing against him as a player or person but he's always come across weird in interviews. Sitting with Mikal and Raja, picking their brains about how they see the floor would be interesting. Marion was a good perimeter defender as well, he's just one of the last Suns players I'd want to speak with for a while.

I think Oliver Miller should be at table 6 instead of Baynes. 6 is the safe pick, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 easy. Oodles of non-stop entertainment there. My vote would be to replace Baynes with Tsakalidis to throw a little international beef into the equation who would probably be completely lost at all times.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
3 for sure. O'Neal dominates every conversation he's in and his schtick gets tiring. It's not like there's a shortage of opportunities to hear him speak. At 3, you can ignore Jones and just talk to Nash and Stoudemire.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I want to pick 5 but Marion being there is a negative. I have nothing against him as a player or person but he's always come across weird in interviews.

I used to go to Yoshi's at Indian School & 24th St.(near where I worked) for their delicious yaki soba lunch bowl (and all the ginger you could eat).

Many times, Shawn would come in to pick up his lunch. While he was waiting, I tried to start many conversations with him to no avail.

I don't think it was because he didn't want to. Rather, he appeared extremely uneducated and couldn't carry on a conversation.

I felt sorry for the expectations of him as an NBA player when it came to interviewing. He just couldn't fulfill that role.

You'd think, even back in those days, that the Suns would have enrolled him in a remedial English class during the off-season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
6 easy. Oodles of non-stop entertainment there. My vote would be to replace Baynes with Tsakalidis to throw a little international beef into the equation who would probably be completely lost at all times.

There should be a table with Jake Tsakilidis, Georgi Glouchkov, Maciej Lampe, and Marcin Gortat. I bet the conversation would consist of a lot of grunting.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LMAO @ table 1. I kind of want to sit there just to hear them cry about being mistreated by the Suns.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I used to go to Yoshi's at Indian School & 24th St.(near where I worked) for their delicious yaki soba lunch bowl (and all the ginger you could eat).

Many times, Shawn would come in to pick up his lunch. While he was waiting, I tried to start many conversations with him to no avail.

I don't think it was because he didn't want to. Rather, he appeared extremely uneducated and couldn't carry on a conversation.

I felt sorry for the expectations of him as an NBA player when it came to interviewing. He just couldn't fulfill that role.

You'd think, even back in those days, that the Suns would have enrolled him in a remedial English class during the off-season.
You could have connected with him had you talked about cartoons.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Yes!

I've always felt it is unfair to expect professional athletes to give a good interview.

What does that have to do with playing basketball? Why is it necessary for the prom queen to stick a microphone in a players face after a game and ask him a bunch of inane questions?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could have connected with him had you talked about cartoons.

I started to say I'd sit at Marion's table so we could discuss cartoons but I suspect he was into a different generation of them than I grew up with. I'm still a die-hard fan of old Looney Tunes cartoons not to mention Hanna-Barbera classics from the 60's and earlier plus the Donald Duck cartoons with either Chip and Dale or Humphrey the Bear (plus others from that time period). Unfortunately, I'd imagine Marion is more interested in the He-Man, TMNT, Thundercats, Transformers and the rest of the 80's cartoon library so I guess I'll go for table 3.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nash never seemed like the kind of pro athlete I’d be dying to hang with. I’d go with the Raja or Majerle table even though KJ sounds like a weirdo.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 for sure. To listen to the good ol days...aahh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose