What spyware/anti-virus/firewall are you all running?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have zone alarm pro as my firewall, AVG pro as my anti-virus and AVG free anti-spyware.

What do you all have?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I run avast for my home Antivirus and I have a hardware firewall from Cisco that's on my network at home. I got it free taking a Cisco class, it rules!

I don't run anti-spyware

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I run avast for my home Antivirus and I have a hardware firewall from Cisco that's on my network at home. I got it free taking a Cisco class, it rules!

I don't run anti-spyware

Just curious Ryan... why no anti-spyware??

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I use Webroot Spy Sweeper with Anti-virus. Since I recently upgraded to Vista I am using the supplied Windows fire wall.
I will probrbly get the Spy Sweeper version when they come out with a Vista compatible fire wall.

I recently got rid of the Norton package and it really is true how much faster your computer runs without it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just curious Ryan... why no anti-spyware??

I have never had any issues.... I'm careful of my downloads and I really don't frequent any places I could get spyware.

Now my wife's computer.... I have like 23 antispyware programs running at all times :D

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have never had any issues.... I'm careful of my downloads and I really don't frequent any places I could get spyware.

Now my wife's computer.... I have like 23 antispyware programs running at all times :D

I actually have 3 spyware. Microsoft has one that I run and also zonealarm pro has one.

I think all these games that my ex downloaded are spyware. I need to delete them.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I use EZTrust Anti Virus from Computer Associates and "Spyware Doctor". Windows firewall.

My wife has Norton Internet Security and AntiVirus on her notebook.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall + router acting as a hardware firewall AntiVir Personal Edition 7 as antivirus.

And Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.4 and Ad-Aware SE personal as everyday antispywares.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've got a hardware "firewall" on my wireless router. From there I'm running Zone Alarm as a software firewall. For AV I'm running Norton on two and NOD32 on Two.

Like Ryan i'm careful about what i download and whatnot, so on those boxes i'm using Norton.

On the other boxes that I use to download "stuff" I have NOD32 for the AV.

For spyware... Zone Alarm has one built in and when i think about it i'll run Ad-aware.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to update...what's a good antivirus program? My subscription to Trend Micro Antivirus just ended and I was thinking about changing it up.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just to update...what's a good antivirus program? My subscription to Trend Micro Antivirus just ended and I was thinking about changing it up.

If you have a PC try Microsoft Security Essentials.
I've been very happy with it and it's free.

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Update...

I don't run any software firewalls anymore. Seriously, if someone can get though the hardware firewall, do you really thing software is going to stop them?? Nope. Plus, most "hackers" aren't going to waste their time w/ home computers.

As for AV, I've since switched to Kaspersky.

As for spyware software, i used to run Ad-aware, but all that ever detected was cookies, so that was a waste as well.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Ubuntu. :)

Ok, but seriously. When I'm running Windows I just use Microsoft Security Essentials and a script blocker for my browser.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Update...

I don't run any software firewalls anymore. Seriously, if someone can get though the hardware firewall, do you really thing software is going to stop them?? Nope. Plus, most "hackers" aren't going to waste their time w/ home computers.

As for AV, I've since switched to Kaspersky.

As for spyware software, i used to run Ad-aware, but all that ever detected was cookies, so that was a waste as well.

Do you still use this?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What's everybody using for protection these days?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nope. I'm running Avast Free and Malwarebytes, free too. Ran AVG for a while, but don't remember why I switched to Avast.

Same setup. I ditched avg as it was slowing up my computers. Didn't matter if it was a brand new fast PC or not, it always seemed to slow them up.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you really want to freak yourself out download the Ghostery extension for your browser.

First of all it's phenomenal but also, it will tell you what is on every site you visit. Trackers, Tag manager, retargeting segments. It's spooky, hence the name.

It also blocks ads and malicious scripts. It's a great extension and it's free. Just search for Ghostery in your extensions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave