What single play will you remember most on your deathbed?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
My first thought was a wide open Early Doucet falling on his butt in the endzone against the Bengals. It was the perfect Yin to Jerome Simpson's Yang.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#3 - Mike Eruzione's Goal vs. Russia 1980 Olympics with 10:00 minutes left in 3rd period to put US up 4-3.

Do you actually remember that? I was a kid in MN at the time where hockey is a religion. They had at least 5 Golden Gophers on that team.

Actually the first game tie vs. Sweden was viewed as a huge moral uplift for team USA. Nobody expected them to compete.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you actually remember that? I was a kid in MN at the time where hockey is a religion. They had at least 5 Golden Gophers on that team.

Actually the first game tie vs. Sweden was viewed as a huge moral uplift for team USA. Nobody expected them to compete.

Yep - We had a room full of kids watching the game.

When we played hockey the rest of the winter, I was "Mike E", my bro was Jim Craig, some other kids were Davey Silk, Rob McClanahan, Neal Broten, Dave Christian and another Ken Morrow.

I was bummed that Eruz never played in the NHL. But that was an unbelievable feeling to beat Russia. And the Gold win after that vs Finland and coming back against them as well was merely icing on the greatest cake ever.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The good moment will be Fitz TD catch in the SB and the bad will be what happened only a couple minutes later..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
I guess it would be the Fitz catch and run to almost win that game! I never screamed that loud! But for me, it was Johnny Podres pitching for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 7th game against the NY Yanks. 1955 world series. Podres pitched a 2-0 shut out to beat the hated Yanks for the first win ever in a world series.

The following year the Yanks beat the Dodgers in the 7th game of the fall classic by little known Don Larson, who pitched a perfect game the only one to ever do it in the WS. I saw both of these games on a 9" black & white TV in Brooklyn New York.

Never forget them.

GBR

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kinda thought we were talking Cardinals specific, but if we are talking sports in general than it would be the game winning hit by Luis Gonzalez in game 7 of the 2001 world series.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh man. I have a doozy. I grew up right next to Stanford University in the 60's-70's. I went to a TON of football and basketball games there - many via bicycle. I saw every home game that Jim Plunkett played. Saw most of Elway's games. Tons of basketball too.

I was at the '82 Big Game against Cal in Berkeley, which was John Elway's final game (and there was no bowl game, this was it).. but that game is better known for "The Play", arguably the greatest finish in college football history. Though I'd dispute that - it should have been called back for a half a dozen reasons, including runner with his knee down, forward progress stopped on another, and half the Cal sideline stepping onto the field early on, when allegedly one of the refs had just blown his whistle, which he later denied. Wish I still had the ticket stub from this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZCCAqoSwY

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The play at exactly 1 minute of this video and Fitz's TD run in the least 3 minutes of the SB!

Yes Shane; without a doubt, boldin breaking 257 tackles against Carolina and willing that football to the end zone with nothing other than toughness and balls. I was in the NEZ for that game. Unbelievable

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The play at exactly 1 minute of this video and Fitz's TD run in the least 3 minutes of the SB!

I remember that Q play against the Panthers.. I was in the North Endzone at SDS.. He was coming right at us.. I kept yelling and waving him in.. "Cmon on Q, you got this" He was shaking defenders like it was nothing.. That was a good play.. Remember it like yesterday and how amazed I was at what I just saw..

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Fitz's super bowl catch. The blocked kick against the pukes. McCown to Poole at the last second to knock the Vikes out of the playoffs was pretty cool.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
52 yards to put the Cardinals in the playoffs, the snap, its on the way, its got the leg, its goooood! @ 2:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_plMw46QG6s
That was my one and only Cardinals game I attended when I lived in AZ. I remember flipping out when Metcalf was jetting up the sideline. I thought he was going to break it. As for single plays on my deathbed, this one:

After being terrible until 1976, then through 3 straight NLCS losses and a 4th place finish in 1979 and then winning a grueling LCS over the Astros(still bar none the best LCS of all time) to finally win the big one. Of course, seconded by this:

Then there is this:

<I wanted to play a video from the Cards/Eagles championship game but all youtube has are crappy fan videos.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Scott Podsednik's game two game-winning HR in the 2005 World Series. I was there and it's the best sporting event I have attended. Konerko's Grand Slam earlier in the game wasn't too shabby either.

Throw in the fact that my future(current) wife got me the tickets and it was our 2nd date, I think all bases are covered.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Mine for sure is the jacke FG to put them in the playoffs for the first time in my life. In baseball its when Baerga flied out to grissom for the braves to win their only WS. Still remember screaming when it finally happened.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mine would be three. 1) Fitz TD catch and run in the Superbowl and 2) Lerod Steven's Howling screen pass for an OT TD to beat the Cowboys. and 3) Peterson's 99 yrd punt return in OT to beat the Rams

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
McCown to Poole. Because there weren't just a couple of obnoxious Vikings fans in the stadium, there were thousands.

I'd never seen SDS empty so fast. It was sort of a present to hard core Cardinals fans for hanging in there for 5 years of miserable seasons.

25-55. An average of 5-11 every year. :eek:

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
2001 World Series. Bottom of the 9th. Entire sequence

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Offsides, really? On an Offensive Tackle. In which game did that happen?

It was a false start vs the Rams with the Cards inside the Rams 20. We were sitting not 20 yards away almost dead even with the los. One of the most bogus calls of all time. Davis didn't move before the snap.

If we're going to post plays we don't want to remember two are from 2006. The fumble vs the Rams and Rackers missed FG vs the Bears.

The Cards had a great team that just imploded after those two heartbreakers plus blowing the KC game. Rallied to run the table in Division games going 3-0 vs SF,SEA, and STL, and two years later were in the SuperBowl with most of the same players in key roles.