What should the penalty for Penn St. be?

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say the university should face the death penalty for its part in the scandal if he is found guilty. What that institution allegedly did makes Southern Methodist pale in comparison. Hang Penn St. That will get the attention of the rest of the universities and colleges. The NCAA is gutless though when it comes to handing out penalties. They will just get a slap on the wrist more than likely if the allegations are true. Bunch of gutless wonders!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is by far the biggest test the NCAA has had to face - ever! I am very cynical about what they'll eventually hand down as punishment. There is no doubt that Penn St deserves the harshest punitive action ever taken in college football. Not sure if the Death Penalty is the right answer, yet, if that's what was handed down so be it.

As for JoePa, I honestly don't know how that guy has been sleeping all these years. The University should run him out - NOW! And how Mcreery didn't step in in '02 when he stumbled upon Sandusky molesting the 10 year old is beyond me... He called his father?? Meanwhile, Sandusky continued to have his way with the kid... I feel sick to my stomach....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is by far the biggest test the NCAA has had to face - ever! I am very cynical about what they'll eventually hand down as punishment. There is no doubt that Penn St deserves the harshest punitive action ever taken in college football. Not sure if the Death Penalty is the right answer, yet, if that's what was handed down so be it.

As for JoePa, I honestly don't know how that guy has been sleeping all these years. The University should run him out - NOW! And how Mcreery didn't step in in '02 when he stumbled upon Sandusky molesting the 10 year old is beyond me... He called his father?? Meanwhile, Sandusky continued to have his way with the kid... I feel sick to my stomach....
I feel that same way. Hard to find words to describe the horror of this.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Yeah this is bad. They have to start hammering schools, even the big name ones.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's amazing the lengths people will go to cover their own ass. What bothers me about this is that there are at least three witnesses that saw something and did NOTHING. Why? Are they looking out for themselves or simply cowards? It's obvious no one was looking out for these children. What a shame these kids were dealt bad hands in life and thought they caught a break by being in this program only to be exploited and abused in the worst way possible and the people in the position to stand up for these kids and do the right thing did nothing because they are selfish cowards. This guy if he is guilty and did this should be punished in the worst possible way and I have no doubts he will be in prison. Anyone caught up in this at Penn State who stood by and did nothing should resign if they have any decency and shred of humanity left. They are all loathsome, despicable human beings by turning a blind eye and not helping these kids. I hope Penn State gets sued big time by these victims and the enablers are left penniless.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the lengths people will go to cover their own ass. What bothers me about this is that there are at least three witnesses that saw something and did NOTHING. Why? Are they looking out for themselves or simply cowards? It's obvious no one was looking out for these children. What a shame these kids were dealt bad hands in life and thought they caught a break by being in this program only to be exploited and abused in the worst way possible and the people in the position to stand up for these kids and do the right thing did nothing because they are selfish cowards. This guy if he is guilty and did this should be punished in the worst possible way and I have no doubts he will be in prison. Anyone caught up in this at Penn State who stood by and did nothing should resign if they have any decency and shred of humanity left. They are all loathsome, despicable human beings by turning a blind eye and not helping these kids. I hope Penn State gets sued big time by these victims and the enablers are left penniless.

Job preservation may be the excuse for looking the other way. Very sad. I am not holding my breath with the state of Pennsylvania. Joe Paterno has become unapproachable as the mentor and face of this program. The cone of silence is deafening.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penn State needs to at least face sanctions far worse than Ohio State/USC etc combined.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone at Penn St. with any kind of authority in and over the athletic department survives this. Everyone has to go. Then add in massive sanctions. It's going to hurt that program for a long time but the punishment has to fit the crime. This is far worse than buying a kid a car to come play football at your school or the athletes trading memorabilia for tattoos.

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Penn State needs to at least face sanctions far worse than Ohio State/USC etc combined.

The legal/civil penalties brought upon those involved will be far greater than any sanction the NCAA can bring upon Penn St. Penn St. is a public university funded by state funds and a lot of these alleged incidents occurred on campus. The fact that so many knew and turned a blind eye is troubling. I suspect a lot of people are going to lose their job over this, as they should. The potential civil ramifications for the university are tremendous. If I were the governor of Pennsylvania I would immediately suspend all of those involved indefinitely pending an investigation. These people are state employees for all intents and purposes and turned a blind eye while multiple alleged felonies occurred under their watch at their (state) facilities.

Last edited:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
It's going to hurt that program for a long time but the punishment has to fit the crime.

The scope of crimes is not fully understood yet. A ninth victim has come forward and who knows how many more are out there. After all, Sandusky was involved with the childrens charity for what 20 years? And if the list of crimes also includes the disappearance of a D.A. then, wow what a complete tragedy. It's starting to look to me like it should be lights out in Happy Valley. Done, tear down the stadium and build a childrens hospital or something. Their gravy train of money has to be derailed.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The scope of crimes is not fully understood yet. A ninth victim has come forward and who knows how many more are out there. After all, Sandusky was involved with the childrens charity for what 20 years? And if the list of crimes also includes the disappearance of a D.A. then, wow what a complete tragedy. It's starting to look to me like it should be lights out in Happy Valley. Done, tear down the stadium and build a childrens hospital or something. Their gravy train of money has to be derailed.

:thumbup:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I will be watching the NCAA closely after the dust begins to settle and more facts are know keenly for their response and proposed actions on this.

IMO if it's anywhere near as bad as it looks I wouldn't be satisfied with anything but unprecedented actions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The transcipts of the grandjury report are especially damning. The state of Texas is going to open an investigation into his behavior on a trip to a bowl game Texas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson