What Remains to Be Done

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great post @Harry.

I think the difference in Kirkpatrick and Peterson and two vets that could be added cheaply is quite minimal. Peterson gave up a mid 90s QB rating and Kirkpatrick like 115 QB rating or something like. And this team was a few bounces away from the playoffs. Watt significantly improves the front seven; he had as many hurries and sacks as the top three Cardinals defensive linemen combined. Golden isn't a huge drop off from Reddick; he may not produce the sack numbers, but he will produce hurries.

Hudson is the best center the Cardinals have likely had since they moved to Arizona. Say that phrase, and you will understand the kind of impact that Hudson can have. The offensive line should be markedly better, especially since the team will have continuity in 3/5 positions, a huge upgrade at 1, and a healthy competition with 3-4 candidates at the other guard spot. There is also depth a plenty here. Last seasons offensive line was actually one of the better lines the Cardinals have fielded since they have been in Arizona.

I agree, the game is still won in the trenches.

Can AJ Green post better numbers than Fitzgerald did last year, because that is essentially the spot he has taken. I think he can, and I think he can actually win outside the numbers, which was a big hole on the Cardinals last year, having someone else other than Hopkins who can. The Cardinals can now move Kirk in the slot and he still has deep speed. Add another young guy or maybe one of the UDFAs from last year step up.
Just adding Hudson improved our OL by light years. Having a Center like him should definitely help Pugh, plus it will cut down on the false start penalties at that position. As I type I think Cole just called for another one lol. Interior OL was a glaring weakness last season & Hudson fixes that immediately. Maybe they can slide Gaillard over to right guard? Left & right tackle, I think we're set.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We gotta hope the plan is 1 solid CB in free agency, and 1 in the first round. For me the guy to target is Jaycee Horn. I like his mindset, his prep, and him worth ethic. I think he is a solid starter year 1.

In the 2nd, I would either double dip at CB or trade down.
I like Horn as well. I watch lots of SEC football because of Kentucky playing in that conference & he is solid. I've looked at a couple recent mock drafts & they have the Patriots taking him at #15. I find that hard to believe if Mac Jones is still on the board at #15. We shall see?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz already plays in the slot. Does anyone think if we call him a TE teams aren’t know it’s Larry and cover him as they would normally?
He's a very good blocker. Block a couple plays, then pinch block & release, with his hands, easy 5 yard gain at least most every time.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim is like that person at an auction-style fantasy draft who overpays for a couple of big names early and then fills the rest of his roster with $1 players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz already plays in the slot. Does anyone think if we call him a TE teams aren’t know it’s Larry and cover him as they would normally?

How many DB's can you play? The further Fitz is down the WR depth chart the less likely he is to be covered by a quality DB.

Don't get me wrong, Fitz ain't playing TE. But Fitz as WR4 in the slot in 10 Personnel is a huge miss match. So far, the worst he's been covered by is a nickel CB and there are plenty of good nickels.

Now Kirk draws that coverage and Fitz is getting either a safety or whoever they throw on in Dime as CB4.

It's all redundant anyway, I don't see Fitz coming back. I don't think he wants to go out as a bit part player / WR4 sub package guy. He either retires or plays elsewhere. I still think Fitz can get 800 yards for someone in the right scheme.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose