what position do you WANT us to draft in round 1

What do you WANT us to draft in 1st round

• Total voters

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, wondering if I am alone. There is a lot of talk about WRs and OTs in the draft.

At this time, we have 2 starting tackles and Murray who was decent as a tackle waiting in the wings.

So really, this year, WR and T both seem okay for a year or two and I feel like I would be the most excited for defense like young, simmons, brown or kinlaw more than anyone else.

So, a poll. Of the available top 15 players, which position do you hope we take in the draft? Not what you think we would do, what you would prefer in a perfect world with realistic expectations of who is available.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Position? playmaker= different maker

Certainly not a 330 lb dt who plays the 50/60% of the snaps, more specifically...
I don't want us to draft Derrick Brown, being no quick off the ball doesn't translate well in the Pro
Lack of production + unathletic= 70-100% of being a bust

A guy like Simmons can change the defense if used in the right way

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean do u remember Jarvis Jones, sack Master, but slow and it didn't translate

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Position? playmaker= different maker

Certainly not a 330 lb dt who plays the 50/60% of the snaps, more specifically...
I don't want us to draft Derrick Brown, being no quick off the ball doesn't translate well in the Pro
Lack of production + unathletic= 70-100% of being a bust

A guy like Simmons can change the defense if used in the right way

I dont imagine simmons makes it to us. it might be DT, QB, WR and OL blue chips at #8

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont imagine simmons makes it to us. it might be DT, QB, WR and OL blue chips at #8
I can see Simmons falling a tad below 8-10. Maybe closer to 15. Man without a true position and many rooks will be in a redshirt season if camps do not start on time.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the Cardinals wins against Seattle and the Browns last night. Murray should have been murdered multiple times during the game and got out of it somehow.

Deep routes simply didn't have time to develop last year or the skilled receivers to develop them.

Beyond that we couldn't cover over the middle or out of the flat to save our lives.

So for me it's only two defenders first

Okudah
Simmons
Oline
Lamb

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Single biggest positional upgrades this team can make are: WILB & OL

I agree 100% Chris. Kyler is a great deep ball passer. We need to give him time.

OR.... We need to stop the effing TE in coverage! Or.... how about just contain him a bit?

Everything else could be considered secondary right now.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wr would be nice

But i went with tackle need to give Murray time to find wr and not be sacked 40 plus lol...

Looking forward to draft miss anything sports...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I chose tackle because I think breaking things down by position, the OL has the best marriage of need and talent in the draft for us.

However, I do really like Brown and Simmons, and see them as elite enough to consider ignoring that weakness, while solving other major problems for us.

I don't think I'll have to worry about Okudah being there, but in the case he is, I can accept grabbing someone of his caliber. But as I've made clear, I'll be pissed if we take a WR barring some kind of trade down that nets us both a WR and significant upgrades on the OL somehow. (Like, get Lamb and then Becton drops to the third round because of the drug issue.)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want an impact player.

I think Lamb will be an instant impact player. Drafting Lamb will setup the WR room for Kyler for at least the next 5 years. Lamb is familiar with the system and offensive verbiage. He already has a working relationship with Murray. In a strange year with so many unknowns due to Covid-19, with questions about when Training Camp will start(if there will even be a training camp), drafting Lamb eliminates most of the worries about that. lamb is the Only WR I would take at that spot.

He is the player who I want the Cardinals to draft. So I put WR as my choice.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agreed. Which position do you think that is?

This is a weird way to ask the question.

I do agree with Keim at the most impactful positions to draft are QB, EDGE, CB, LT — and probably in that order. I think if one of those guys isn't available (Young, Okudah, Andrew Thomas), they trade out.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, wondering if I am alone. There is a lot of talk about WRs and OTs in the draft.

At this time, we have 2 starting tackles and Murray who was decent as a tackle waiting in the wings.

So really, this year, WR and T both seem okay for a year or two and I feel like I would be the most excited for defense like young, simmons, brown or kinlaw more than anyone else.

So, a poll. Of the available top 15 players, which position do you hope we take in the draft? Not what you think we would do, what you would prefer in a perfect world with realistic expectations of who is available.

no no, Murray was well above decent according to PFF. he was our best Olineman across the back half of the season.

for the first time in forever we dont need Oline (thank you Coach Kugler). Im 50/50 between receiver and front 7 defense

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Hard to say.

If they go CB they have their secondary of the future.

If they go OL they will have two young tackles both with great upside.

If they go DL they will plug one of the biggest needs on the D.

If the go WR they will have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL if not the best.

If they go ILB they will fix a major hole on D from last season as well as add depth.

I think if they go BPA they will fix a need either way.

My choice is Simmons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson