What moves on D will move the needle the most?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
all I’ve heard on this board is that SK sucks at drafting now it’s we need SK to draft multiple stars?

Chase Young is generational not good but all time great level. The 3 most important things in football. QB, Protect the QB, Pressure the other teams QB.

2 years into a rebuild and you would have a franchise QB, the best pass rushing duo in the NFL and an above average LT( if we resign DJ)

Those are some damn good building blocks.
Well, it's still my hope that Keim is gone by the end of the season, but yeah. This team is abysmal up the middle. Our defensive line is atrocious, our offensive line is barely any better (and will need 2 OTs and a C in the offseason), our receivers are mediocre, RB is a question mark, so is LB... even CB.

You're talking about three years of #1 picks for one guy. Is Chase Young really going to mask all of these problems? The good teams out there have decent young players and some stars. You just can't compete with a roster of 2-3 stars and mostly street free agents, which so many of our starters are. Not to mention, you'd only have the Young/Jones combo for two years and then CJ is likely gone. Except now you have no young depth behind him or flexibility.

I can honestly say I would rather have four adequate guys over the next three years than one superstar, which is normally counter to my overall opinion, but that's how bad this roster is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it's still my hope that Keim is gone by the end of the season, but yeah. This team is abysmal up the middle. Our defensive line is atrocious, our offensive line is barely any better (and will need 2 OTs and a C in the offseason), our receivers are mediocre, RB is a question mark, so is LB... even CB.

You're talking about three years of #1 picks for one guy. Is Chase Young really going to mask all of these problems? The good teams out there have decent young players and some stars. You just can't compete with a roster of 2-3 stars and mostly street free agents, which so many of our starters are. Not to mention, you'd only have the Young/Jones combo for two years and then CJ is likely gone. Except now you have no young depth behind him or flexibility.

I can honestly say I would rather have four adequate guys over the next three years than one superstar, which is normally counter to my overall opinion, but that's how bad this roster is.

No my bad I’m saying I swap this years 1 and trade next years 1 and a 3. Not this years and 2 more on top. My bad.

would you say swap this years 1, next year 1 and 3 for Chase Young? Maybe we throw in Peterson.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No my bad I’m saying I swap this years 1 and trade next years 1 and a 3. Not this years and 2 more on top. My bad.

would you say swap this years 1, next year 1 and 3 for Chase Young? Maybe we throw in Peterson.
No, probably not, but I expect us to be pretty bad next year again and trying to figure out where the org should go from there. I also don't think that's enough to move up to #1 or #2 which is likely the range he'll end up in.

But thanks for clarifying. It's not as crazy now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The answer to this is yes. If you could trade a 2020 1st, 2021 1st, and a 2021 3rd for a 2020 1st that ensured you get Chase Young, you do it. You can always fill holes through FA or trade back to stockpile mid round or future picks.

Again, playing the slow build when your QB is on a rookie deal is the best way to waste that competitive advantage.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Replacing old slow players with younger and faster ones, obviously:)

I think we should go Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa. Look at what the Niners collection of defensive lineman have done

for them. If they are gone and they think the South Carolina defensive lineman is worthy great. Kwirfs the Iowa

right tackle is supposed to be athletic enough to move to left tackle and would also be a great pick. Now having

said that can u imagine Jeudy or Ruggs with Kirk Isabella and Johnson? With drake or Edmunds in the backfield?

It has to be Brown or Espenesa for me though. Then look at Kinlaw Simmons or the Penn State pass rusher. OH

AND PAY Humphries.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we should go Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa. Look at what the Niners collection of defensive lineman have done

for them. If they are gone and they think the South Carolina defensive lineman is worthy great. Kwirfs the Iowa

right tackle is supposed to be athletic enough to move to left tackle and would also be a great pick. Now having

said that can u imagine Jeudy or Ruggs with Kirk Isabella and Johnson? With drake or Edmunds in the backfield?

It has to be Brown or Espenesa for me though. Then look at Kinlaw Simmons or the Penn State pass rusher. OH

AND PAY Humphries.

Yup

pretty weapons are nice but worthless if you can’t win in the trenches.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson