What Mental Disorder do you have??

Absolute Zero

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I was wondering if we had a thread on this and here it is.

50% of people in the US have some type of mental disorders, including yours truly. Boy the stories I can share!

I think a lot of people are suffering extra right now being couped up.

I was diagnosed bipolar when I was in college, but seemed to escape it later in life. It still rears its head though.

Happy to discuss if anyone is up for it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took the quiz. pointed answers to get a result. guaranteed to end up showing a disorder. claims I have ADD. No chance I have ADD. I am the most relaxed person ever. Some of my best friends are clearly ADD. Their entire world is different, drugs impact them differently, etc.

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took the quiz. pointed answers to get a result. guaranteed to end up showing a disorder. claims I have ADD. No chance I have ADD. I am the most relaxed person ever. Some of my best friends are clearly ADD. Their entire world is different, drugs impact them differently, etc.
Maybe you are Attention Deficit Deficit? :idea::shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would seem like there should be a newer test available.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
It would seem like there should be a newer test available.

It is not super thorough, lot's of good stuff online though. Stumbled across this article today from the world:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...coach-hid-bipolar-disorder-diagnosis-30-years

On one particular April morning, Guy went into the staff room for a regularly scheduled meeting. That's what college football coaches do -- they meet, morning after morning, day after day, week in and week out.

This meeting was different.

The typical period for onset of bipolar disorder is the mid-to-late 20s. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 2.8% of Americans (roughly 9 million people) live with the disorder, which "causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks."

There are four basic types of the disorder; some people exist more on the depressive end of the spectrum, while others are on the manic, high-energy side. Guy was the latter. Thoughts raced through his mind. The faster they came, the faster he tried to talk, the faster he tried to act upon them. The problem was his mind raced so fast that he couldn't slow it down enough to fall asleep.

"It started peaking on me," Guy said. "When I say 'peaking,' I was starting to have hallucinations."

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to be maniac depressive. Now general anxiety disorder. Guess that is progress, lol? And, really, how can you NOT be anxious right now?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in my pocket of Mesa where nothing is happening so no anxiety here. Just a spectator

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk