What is your Favorite Cardinal Moment of all time

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
SDS for the FG.
Tim Hightower screen
Fitz to the EZ in the Super Bowl. If only time would have stopped.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For me it was the 1st round playoff win in 2008 against Atlanta.

Fans of the team (especially before they even moved here) know the feeling of absolute doom and trepidation when watching these teams, going back decades. We could be up 20 with 3 minutes left and true fans are still glued to their seat, knowing we had a chance to lose 21-20. Some of that is still pervasive on this board today, but the true horror and nature of the feeling was bred many decades ago.

That being said, that Atlanta team in 08 was no joke. Matty Ice had a scary reputation back then. They had Michael Turner at RB, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins at WR, with Jonathan Babineaux, John Abraham and Curtis Lofton on D. Nobody expected us to win.

The feeling after we actually won that game is my favorite moment. I knew we were for real. Like an actual, legit football team. I couldn’t believe it.

(Thanks Whisenhunt, the system did work)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mine was the 4th preseason game of 1991 vs the Broncos...my very first football game in person. From parking in a dirt ditch by the stadium and watching a team I just fell in love with the previous season was awesome! Was the summer Rosenbach went down with a blown knee and Tupa was named starter. Became a season ticket holder in 99 and never looked back. Those were the days...hot sticky August nights in SDS

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of Larry's catch which was #1, I'd say when Chris Jacke hit the game winning field goal to put the Cardinals into the playoffs in 1998.
This is mine as well. I remember the sheer joy of that moment. Running onto the field, people tearing up chunks of turf for souvenirs. The goal posts getting torn down. We finally didn't suck. All the suffering of 11 horrible seasons was released in an explosion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is mine as well. I remember the sheer joy of that moment. Running onto the field, people tearing up chunks of turf for souvenirs. The goal posts getting torn down. We finally didn't suck. All the suffering of 11 horrible seasons was released in an explosion.
The last remnants of my chunk of the field... it’s red from midfield cardinal... encased in glass with the game noted in silver.

a prized possession to this day. And seriously... if anyone ever questions my fandom again, just think about this picture and ask yourself how many non fans would have something this ridiculous 23 years later!

Attachments

• FCF4EDC6-B627-4F4D-8063-2FA95D06261B.jpeg
    FCF4EDC6-B627-4F4D-8063-2FA95D06261B.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it was the 1st round playoff win in 2008 against Atlanta.

Fans of the team (especially before they even moved here) know the feeling of absolute doom and trepidation when watching these teams, going back decades. We could be up 20 with 3 minutes left and true fans are still glued to their seat, knowing we had a chance to lose 21-20. Some of that is still pervasive on this board today, but the true horror and nature of the feeling was bred many decades ago.

That being said, that Atlanta team in 08 was no joke. Matty Ice had a scary reputation back then. They had Michael Turner at RB, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins at WR, with Jonathan Babineaux, John Abraham and Curtis Lofton on D. Nobody expected us to win.

The feeling after we actually won that game is my favorite moment. I knew we were for real. Like an actual, legit football team. I couldn’t believe it.

(Thanks Whisenhunt, the system did work)

I’ll add two more favorite moments, one of them was AFTER the game. But gotta explain the first moment to get to the Falcons moment.

So “Cardinals Playoff Cake” became a thing during the Cards Dallas wildcard game in 1998. BIG group of us, like 20-25 people crammed together in Brother Not Post’s tiny living room (@Ouchie-Z-Clown think about that for a second... why THAT tiny room) and my best friend and his father (who me and my dad carpooled to games with since 1988) brought a Cardinals cake. The plan was to eat that sucker after we won! So, it’s 20-0 in the fourth quarter and we’re all getting nice and drunk and happy and EVERYONE starts YELLING:

“GET THE CAKE! GET THE CAKE!”

I take it upon myself to go get the cake and I swear to god in the two minutes it took me to do so, by the time I got back in the room, the Cowboys JUST scored and TERRIFIED EVERYONE YELLED:

“PUT THE CAKE BACK! PUT THE CAKE BACK!”

I literally moved like someone had hit the rewind button, walked backwards in the exact manner I walked in with the cake. We won, I smashed my face in the cake and then jumped into the pool with all my clothes on... in January.

so, after that game, we made a rule with my best friend that every Cards playoff game we watch together, they would bring the Cardinals cake for us to eat after we won. So, post Falcons game, we all met back at my friends car in the parking lot and for the first time in a DECADE we got to eat Cardinals cake. It was glorious. We all joked around that we COULD be back there in two weeks if three really tough things fell right for us in the playoffs... Eagles beat Vikings, we beat Carolina and somehow the Eagles also beat the 13-3 Giants. We all started laughing hysterically like THAT will ever happen. Just loved that moment of the Cardinals Cake resurrection and the crystal ball of how we’d get to have to cake one more time possibly!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’ll add two more favorite moments, one of them was AFTER the game. But gotta explain the first moment to get to the Falcons moment.

So “Cardinals Playoff Cake” became a thing during the Cards Dallas wildcard game in 1998. BIG group of us, like 20-25 people crammed together in Brother Not Post’s tiny living room (@Ouchie-Z-Clown think about that for a second... why THAT tiny room) and my best friend and his father (who me and my dad carpooled to games with since 1988) brought a Cardinals cake. The plan was to eat that sucker after we won! So, it’s 20-0 in the fourth quarter and we’re all getting nice and drunk and happy and EVERYONE starts YELLING:

I take it upon myself to go get the cake and I swear to god in the two minutes it took me to do so, by the time I got back in the room, the Cowboys JUST scored and TERRIFIED EVERYONE YELLED:

I literally moved like someone had hit the rewind button, walked backwards in the exact manner I walked in with the cake. We won, I smashed my face in the cake and then jumped into the pool with all my clothes on... in January.

so, after that game, we made a rule with my best friend that every Cards playoff game we watch together, they would bring the Cardinals cake for us to eat after we won. So, post Falcons game, we all met back at my friends car in the parking lot and for the first time in a DECADE we got to eat Cardinals cake. It was glorious. We all joked around that we COULD be back there in two weeks if three really tough things fell right for us in the playoffs... Eagles beat Vikings, we beat Carolina and somehow the Eagles also beat the 13-3 Giants. We all started laughing hysterically like THAT will ever happen. Just loved that moment of the Cardinals Cale resurrection and the crystal ball of how we’d get to have to cake one more time possibly!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

so, after that game, we made a rule with my best friend that every Cards playoff game we watch together, they would bring the Cardinals cake for us to eat after we won. So, post Falcons game, we all met back at my friends car in the parking lot and for the first time in a DECADE we got to eat Cardinals cake. It was glorious. We all joked around that we COULD be back there in two weeks if three really tough things fell right for us in the playoffs... Eagles beat Vikings, we beat Carolina and somehow the Eagles also beat the 13-3 Giants. We all started laughing hysterically like THAT will ever happen. Just loved that moment of the Cardinals Cake resurrection and the crystal ball of how we’d get to have to cake one more time possibly!
Actually some of us had cake two more times. Cheese’s best friend was living in LA and came down to my house in Newport for the Carolina game. And you guessed it, on the way he got a cake with “cardinals” scrawled across it. So the tradition stayed intact. We had cake after the NFC Championship with our family and Daves back at our tailgate spot. And a cake was procured in Tampa as well. Sadly that cake never made it to our mouths. It hadn’t been earned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually some of us had cake two more times. Cheese’s best friend was living in LA and came down to my house in Newport for the Carolina game. And you guessed it, on the way he got a cake with “cardinals” scrawled across it. So the tradition stayed intact. We had cake after the NFC Championship with our family and Daves back at our tailgate spot. And a cake was procured in Tampa as well. Sadly that cake never made it to our mouths. It hadn’t been earned.

Adam and his Dad ate the Super Bowl cake in some motel room they stopped to sleep in between Tampa and Orlando.

he said it was the saddest moment of his life.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the cake with @daves post Dansby OT TD and post Conference Title game were great moments too.

All Cardinals Cake moments are.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have far too many, so I'm going to list all that come to mind:
1) 1997 against Dallas. Finally got the monkey off our back and beat these guys.
2) The shovel pass to Adrian Murrell against Dallas in the 1998 playoffs. You just kinda knew the Cards had Dallas' number after that play.
3) Kwamie Lassiter's 4 INT game against SD, Metcalf's kick return, Jacke's kick - all to put us in the 1998 playoffs.
4) Aeneas' ridiculous 100+ yard fumble return against the Redskins in 2003.
5) Anquan Boldin's first game against the Lions, heck his entire rookie season he was just stomping everyone. I still remember a semi-circle of Rams players lying on the ground at midfield as he ran in for a TD in one game.
6) The 30 or 40 degree game in 1998 against the Giants at SDS. Someone was running around the stadium with a sign that said "Kent Graham still sucks." He was right.
7) One-handed Warner throwing TD after TD in 2007.
8) The entire 2008-09 playoff run. The team was electric and Fitzgerald was amazing all playoffs - the crazy TD catch against the Falcons, the crazier catch the next week against the Panthers, the complete drubbing of the Panthers, and of course one of the best NFC championship games and best Super Bowls I've ever seen. It's still a shame about Holmes' toe though.
9) The roaster in the toaster in 2009-2010 against the Packers. Have you ever seen a better game? Warner had more TDs than incompletions and it was a slugfest between him and Aaron Rodgers.
10) 2012 home game against the Dolphins. We were so down in that game near the end, then Kolb and Roberts brought us back- such an amazing game.
11) 2011 or 2012, I can't remember - the Skelton game against Dallas - Garrett icing his own kicker and the Cards won.
12) The entire 2014 season up until Palmer went down.
13) 2015 - Packers game, the Hail Larry.
14) 2017 - The rout against the Buccaneers. Carson's last good game with us, and a highlight for me personally with who I went to the game with.
14) 2020 - The Hail Murray.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. If I had to pick just one memory - it would be the 2008 playoff run. That was really the most fun I've had as a Cards fan. I hope there's more of that in the team's near future.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last remnants of my chunk of the field... it’s red from midfield cardinal... encased in glass with the game noted in silver.

a prized possession to this day. And seriously... if anyone ever questions my fandom again, just think about this picture and ask yourself how many non fans would have something this ridiculous 23 years later!

It is kinda diminished by you just admitting that it was found in the back of an old drawer and it was your brother that did they presentation work :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that’s a pretty spot on image.

nah. She’s crying. That speaks to still having emotions running through your body. If you remember that night, all of us just went instantly numb (we didn’t say a WORD in the entire car ride, which took 90 minutes to get out of the stadium and back to T’s).

I’m sure it was the same with them.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After getting picked on and beat like a drum, who could forget Money Mike making the strip that led to the Dansby TD.

The 2nd Packer playoff game with the crowd chanting
Larry Larry Larry for prolly 30 min after the game. I was in the worst seats ever, very top row on north end sitting on concrete freezing my butt off but you gotta do what you gotta do.

click on the youtube link if video doesn't open
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
2008 against the Cowboys where we broke the punter’s foot on the GW blocked punt in OT. Wasn’t at that game, but have a funny memory from it at a sports bar.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I went to like 3 or 4 games ever at SDS as a kid. One was the Aeneas fumble return vs Washington and another one was the MNF game against San Fran that ended Young’s career (though I was volunteering at concessions for that one). I also remember a random Dallas game, and I was at game right before the big stadium vote (I remember MadJack’s banner supporting it).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Boldin's first game against the Lions, heck his entire rookie season he was just stomping everyone. I still remember a semi-circle of Rams players lying on the ground at midfield as he ran in for a TD in one game.
Love Larry, but I'll always be team Anquan. I don't think there is any Cardinal tougher (yes 42, but that's different). I've never seen a WR more intent on delivering punishment and asserting himself physically than Boldin. Coming back from getting his face broken the next week WITHOUT PAIN KILLERS is still something I'll never understand.

Yeah, he had his issues with the FO, but considering their track record, I wonder who is more likely in the wrong... Carson Palmer getting into the ROH before Boldin is an absolute crime. Nobody did more to change the Cards culture than Boldin.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have far too many, so I'm going to list all that come to mind:
1) 1997 against Dallas. Finally got the monkey off our back and beat these guys.
2) The shovel pass to Adrian Murrell against Dallas in the 1998 playoffs. You just kinda knew the Cards had Dallas' number after that play.
3) Kwamie Lassiter's 4 INT game against SD, Metcalf's kick return, Jacke's kick - all to put us in the 1998 playoffs.
4) Aeneas' ridiculous 100+ yard fumble return against the Redskins in 2003.
5) Anquan Boldin's first game against the Lions, heck his entire rookie season he was just stomping everyone. I still remember a semi-circle of Rams players lying on the ground at midfield as he ran in for a TD in one game.
6) The 30 or 40 degree game in 1998 against the Giants at SDS. Someone was running around the stadium with a sign that said "Kent Graham still sucks." He was right.
7) One-handed Warner throwing TD after TD in 2007.
8) The entire 2008-09 playoff run. The team was electric and Fitzgerald was amazing all playoffs - the crazy TD catch against the Falcons, the crazier catch the next week against the Panthers, the complete drubbing of the Panthers, and of course one of the best NFC championship games and best Super Bowls I've ever seen. It's still a shame about Holmes' toe though.
9) The roaster in the toaster in 2009-2010 against the Packers. Have you ever seen a better game? Warner had more TDs than incompletions and it was a slugfest between him and Aaron Rodgers.
10) 2012 home game against the Dolphins. We were so down in that game near the end, then Kolb and Roberts brought us back- such an amazing game.
11) 2011 or 2012, I can't remember - the Skelton game against Dallas - Garrett icing his own kicker and the Cards won.
12) The entire 2014 season up until Palmer went down.
13) 2015 - Packers game, the Hail Larry.
14) 2017 - The rout against the Buccaneers. Carson's last good game with us, and a highlight for me personally with who I went to the game with.
14) 2020 - The Hail Murray.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. If I had to pick just one memory - it would be the 2008 playoff run. That was really the most fun I've had as a Cards fan. I hope there's more of that in the team's near future.

LOL..... I can't even remember what I what I was doing before I began reading this post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave