What is your Favorite Cardinal Moment of all time

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
IF you could only name ONE, the ONE that made you levitate, left you in shock or fear, the one you will go to your grave remembering. It could be anything whatsoever, good or bad: on field, off field, the draft, superbowl, stadium adventure, practice item, player, coach, personal life, or even front office thing. But narrow it to ONE and Only One!

As I get older individual plays and even players are more and more forgotten. But for me the number one Cardinal related moment is when the NFL awarded Arizona the Cardinal franchise, instead of a brand new one which we could start from scratch and would forever be our own homegrown team. It has always felt like a 2nd rate consolation prize to me, like being forced to root for a team other than what should have been our own.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Easy, NFC championship win sitting with Wisconsincard. Second best game I’ve ever been to only trailing game 2 of the 2005 World Series when Scott Podsednik hit an extra innings dinger to give the White Sox a walk off win.

bad thing about the NFC championship game was I couldn’t stick around long to enjoy the win because I had a plane to catch. Bad planning on my part.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Outside of Larry's catch which was #1, I'd say when Chris Jacke hit the game winning field goal to put the Cardinals into the playoffs in 1998.
That’s up there for me. I was talking on the phone with my dad, who lived in Florida at the time and was a huge Cardinals fan, giving him the play by play because I had directtv.

when Jacke made it, stills seems like yesterday when I think about it. It was awesome.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had the exact opposite reaction to Larry’s touchdown. Me and all my boys were silent.

My buddy Robert said:We left to much time on the clock

and it was followed by a bunch of Yups

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Growing up in Texas and only being allowed to see the Cardinals when they played the Cowboys... and Roy Green schooling them :cards:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hands down NFC championship game when Tim Hightower scored the go ahead TD to seal our SB appearance. The atmosphere in that stadium, the craziness that ensued, the tears that were rolling and hugs that were given amongst complete strangers.

Nothing has even come close not even being at the actual SB or even Larry’s catch in it.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Larry's SB late TD ended up being bittersweet but at the time is was the greatest moment for me. There were many others including the McCown to Poole for the win in 2003.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hands down NFC championship game when Tim Hightower scored the go ahead TD to seal our SB appearance. The atmosphere in that stadium, the craziness that ensued, the tears that were rolling and hugs that were given amongst complete strangers.

Nothing has even come close not even being at the actual SB or even Larry’s catch in it.
I came here to say this. I threw up in a popcorn bucket moments after.

However, the pandemonium after the Dansby INT to win the next year was similar in terms of reaction.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came here to say this. I threw up in a popcorn bucket moments after.

However, the pandemonium after the Dansby INT to win the next year was similar in terms of reaction.
Yea I was there for that too. But so much less riding on it. Didn’t have near the impact on me not even close.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That is my #2, with all respect to the other great moments mentioned. Such an amazing end to an amazing game. I know it’s hard to put that above the Hightower TD to clinch the NFC title and most people wouldn’t, but I remember the Dansby play being the only one to cause me to jump onto my seat. It was such an offense explosion, you just knew when we lost the toss we were probably done. The sheer surprise and jubilation of that play surpassed the Hightower TD for me, even though the latter was more significant in Cards history.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yea I was there for that too. But so much less riding on it. Didn’t have near the impact on me not even close.
It felt like a carrying of the energy from the lost Super Bowl. We were going to make up for it. you're right though. I was just convinced we were going to have a second magical run.

That is my #2, with all respect to the other great moments mentioned. Such an amazing end to an amazing game. I know it’s hard to put that above the Hightower TD to clinch the NFC title and most people wouldn’t, but I remember the Dansby play being the only one to cause me to jump onto my seat. It was such an offense explosion, you just knew when we lost the toss we were probably done. The sheer surprise and jubilation of that play surpassed the Hightower TD for me, even though the latter was more significant in Cards history.
Totally agreed, but I got lifted by my shirt from a guy a row below me, and we all dogpiled... in the club section. He told me next year that he fractured his back lifting me, haha. It was jubilation.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
When Jake Plummer took a knee at the Dallas 2 yard line to end the game in the '98 playoffs. I was so certain they would choke that game away, even with seconds left and up by 2 scores.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson