What is Walton trying to say?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

"Did you know that Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire are the only teammates in the NBA averaging nine-plus rebounds a game? It must be so much fun to play with Stephon Marbury."

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/walton_bill/1520370.html

Is he taking a shot at Marbury here saying Marbury misses alot? If that's the case Mr. Walton needs to get his head out of his ass and actually watch the Suns.

adam
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Walton has hated Marbury all along. Since nothing he ever says is based on thought or logic, it only figures that he'll continue finding ways to put Marbury down. I honestly don't think there is another network broadcaster for any sport who thinks less about what he says than Walton does.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
it sure looks like he is taking a shot at steph. who cares though, everyone knows he is an idiot. He is one of ESPN's worst mistakes this year....another being letting Sam Smith write for them so often.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
it sure looks like he is taking a shot at steph. who cares though, everyone knows he is an idiot. He is one of ESPN's worst mistakes this year....another being letting Sam Smith write for them so often.

I couldn't agree more. What in the world were they thinking? I really wonder where they got the idea that people like him, and it would be a good idea to hire him. Also, Sam Smith is an idiot. He's probably worse than Peter Vescey. At least Vescey seems to understand some of the rules of the CBA when he lets his rumors and bright trade ideas fly.

The use to be able to tolerate Walton. Those days are long gone. And I really has nothing to do with his contempt for Stephon Marbury. I can't take constant, mindless blabbering.

Joe Mama

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I just don't get it, I mean how can anybody bash Stephon. I visit some Kings, Magic, Spurs forums, and even people who hate Marbury admit that he is playing terrific ball right now, and that he is among 10 best players in the league.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
walton annoys be big time. he goes off on players for making a mistake and keep comparing the game to when he played. today against the lakers van horn missed a dunk and walton was saying "you've got to convert on those...thow it down" i hate that "throw it down" phrase.

i wish someone would throw down with bill:) the comment that was great was what tom tolbert said. not that he is a a great announcer becuase he's far from it, but i think he realizes waltons stupidity and shoots back on him. after van horn missed the dunk when he was fouled, tolbert asked walton if he had ever missed a dunk in his career. walton shut up for a second then replyed " i wasn't allowed to dunk for the first part of my career" who does this guy think he is? his favorite phrases are "back in my days" and "so and so is a defensive gem today"

i'm sure there are more, but i try to block most of them out. he starts riding these certain players like ming and kobe and won't shut up.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless your name is "Richard Jefferson" Walton will rip you. :p

I know he gets criticized a lot, but I actually find him entertaining - no matter what is going on in the game he will find something to be negative about. I don't put too much weight into his opinions.

ThatsAmare

Reaction score
I think Walton is kinda like ESPN's comic relief guy. He's purely there for entertainment value. Nothing he says is to be taken seriously.