What is...the official Jeopardy! thread?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think this is one of the only sports boards in the world that has an official Jeopard! thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You think so are so smart, Trebeck. That is only because you have the answers right in front of you."

/sean connery

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You think so are so smart, Trebeck. That is only because you have the answers right in front of you."

/sean connery

:thumbup:

Check these;

"S" Words/"Swords"
Therapists/"The Rapists"
Famous Titles/"Famous *******"
The Pen Is Mightier/"The Penis Mightier"
Condiments/"The Condom Thing"
A Petit Déjeuner/"Ape Tit"
Foreign Flicks/"Foreign F!cks" (implied, but not said outright)
An Album Cover/"Anal Bum Cover"
Richard Nixon/"---Hard ---On"
Famous Horsemen/"***** Semen"
I Have a Chardonnay/"I Have a -Hard On---"
Japan US Relations/"Jap-Anus Relations"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

/sean connery

He claims that he can answer 70-80% of all of the questions.

Yeah right.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Check these;

"S" Words/"Swords"
Therapists/"The Rapists"
Famous Titles/"Famous *******"
The Pen Is Mightier/"The Penis Mightier"
Condiments/"The Condom Thing"
A Petit Déjeuner/"Ape Tit"
Foreign Flicks/"Foreign F!cks" (implied, but not said outright)
An Album Cover/"Anal Bum Cover"
Richard Nixon/"---Hard ---On"
Famous Horsemen/"***** Semen"
I Have a Chardonnay/"I Have a -Hard On---"
Japan US Relations/"Jap-Anus Relations"

Holy moly, those are funny.

An album cover for $100. Yes!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hope I could answer 100% with the answers in front of me. :)

1/5. In an interview, he reads all of the questions beforehand to see how many he can answer. That's where the 70-80% comes from.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken Jennings debuts as host of ‘Jeopardy!’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-replace-the-great-alex-trebek-040553870.html

Ken Jennings made his debut as guest host on Jeopardy!, Monday. Jennings is the winningest player in the show’s history, and recently won the “Greatest of All Time” tournament. So it made sense when production named him guest host after Trebek’s death last November. Jennings opened the show with a touching tribute to the former host.

“Sharing this stage with Alex Trebek was one of the greatest honors of my life,” Jennings said. “Not many things in life are perfect, but Alex did this job pretty much perfectly for more than 36 years, and it was even better up close. We were dazzled by his intelligence, charm and grace.”

“Like all Jeopardy! fans, I miss Alex very much and I thank him for everything he did for all of us,” he continued. “Let’s be totally clear: No one will ever replace the great Alex Trebek. But we can honor him by playing the game he loved.”

Jennings has appeared as a contestant and champion on the game show over 100 times and his familiarity with the show clearly helped him in his debut. Fans also welcomed the familiar face, as the overall reaction to his performance was very positive.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken never seemed comfortable as the host. I'd be all for LeVar Burton taking over. Not a huge fan of all of these guest hosts. Personally, I wish they had realized they'd need a replacement someday - because of retirement or passing - and selected a permanent host to carry on after Art Fleming and Alex Trebek.

LeVar Burton Shares Petition To Become the Next 'Jeopardy!' Host

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/levar-burton-shares-petition-become-182920089.html

The internet can be a grim place but it can also be a place for people to come together for a good cause, like demanding that LeVar Burton be the next guest host on Jeopardy!. An online petition requesting the beloved actor to get a shot at the guest host spot was even retweeted by Burton himself, indicating that he would be more than willing to take on the role if it is offered to him.

“Leaving this here in the event that the powers that be are listening,” Burton tweeted with a link to the petition, which has received over 137,000 online signatures so far.

The petition notes that Burton has plenty of experience with hosting, as he was the host of Reading Rainbow for more than two decades. It also noted that he “has inspired and shaped the minds of several generations of trivia-loving nerds.”

“This petition is to show Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. and producers Mike Richards and Harry Friedman just how much love the public has for Burton, and how much we’d all love to see him as the next host of Jeopardy!,” The petition reads.

Burton’s tweet received massive support from fans, with more than 26,000 likes and nearly 7,000 retweets in less than 24 hours. One fan said that Burton would be “such a joy” as the host and another commented that he would be “such a natural.”

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ken never seemed comfortable as the host. I'd be all for LeVar Burton taking over. Not a huge fan of all of these guest hosts. Personally, I wish they had realized they'd need a replacement someday - because of retirement or passing - and selected a permanent host to carry on after Art Fleming and Alex Trebek.

LeVar Burton Shares Petition To Become the Next 'Jeopardy!' Host

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/levar-burton-shares-petition-become-182920089.html

The internet can be a grim place but it can also be a place for people to come together for a good cause, like demanding that LeVar Burton be the next guest host on Jeopardy!. An online petition requesting the beloved actor to get a shot at the guest host spot was even retweeted by Burton himself, indicating that he would be more than willing to take on the role if it is offered to him.

“Leaving this here in the event that the powers that be are listening,” Burton tweeted with a link to the petition, which has received over 137,000 online signatures so far.

The petition notes that Burton has plenty of experience with hosting, as he was the host of Reading Rainbow for more than two decades. It also noted that he “has inspired and shaped the minds of several generations of trivia-loving nerds.”

“This petition is to show Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. and producers Mike Richards and Harry Friedman just how much love the public has for Burton, and how much we’d all love to see him as the next host of Jeopardy!,” The petition reads.

Burton’s tweet received massive support from fans, with more than 26,000 likes and nearly 7,000 retweets in less than 24 hours. One fan said that Burton would be “such a joy” as the host and another commented that he would be “such a natural.”

Aaron Rodgers anyone?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Aaron Rodgers did a good job. He is a big fan of the show and I would not mind if he became the permanent host.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom

Mike Richards Out As ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Amid Backlash

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to be out as Executive Producer as well.

I have a friend that was a three time winner on the show - apparently Richards ran off most of the long time staffers and pissed off the former winners community.

Most don't want anything to do with the show anymore until he is completely gone.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score