What is...the official Jeopardy! thread?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other Jeopardy! fans out there?

Current champ, Ken Jennings, who's been the champ forever now has made $737,760 so far (21 or 22 days). I watch it nearly every day. The guy is just blowing the competition away.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I love Jeopardy! I never get home in time to watch it.

BigMac1212

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's a new twist in this year's version. You stay as long as you win. At the rate he's going, Jeopardy might need to file for Chapter 11!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monday - the new Jeopardy! season begins - Ken Jennings tries to continue his winning ways.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I love Jeopardy.

Every once in awhile a rerun will be on the Game Show Network, (I think) and I'll have already watched it and know all the answers.

I trick my wife into thinking I am a genius.

"How in the hell did you know that?"

:simplepleasures:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I love Jeopardy.

Every once in awhile a rerun will be on the Game Show Network, (I think) and I'll have already watched it and know all the answers.

I trick my wife into thinking I am a genius.

"How in the hell did you know that?"

:simplepleasures:

Hmmm, in my family, it's my wife who knows all the answers. :D

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jeopardy :rolleyes:

Why don't we just hold a freakin spelling bee while we're at it. :(

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not unless you got a pawn back :) I'm good at keeping those once I get them and turning them into queens :D

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i remember though i had a move where i could have taken one of your pawns uncontested. that would have made the game even to that point. (it was my move)

oh well.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
nope sorry no uncontested free pawn...they still have the game up there though...tell me where I was going to lose a pawn :)

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Wow that guy won again!
"that guy"?

"that guys" is none other then Ken Jennings, cultural phenomenon.

You must be registered for see images attach

*goes to bed*

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
************SPOILER***************

Jennings lost in the show taped on Tuesday........

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
What time is the show on?

4:30 on Channel 15.

Someone hacked into the system and discovered what day he lost, as Ryan posted... :hammer:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
4:30 on Channel 15.

Someone hacked into the system and discovered what day he lost, as Ryan posted... :hammer:
He had to be feeling the pressure..... he was in uncharted territory. I wouldn't be suprised if he lost on purpose.... I think they said it was after his 75th straight win

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on Jennings' 'Jeopardy!' Streak
Friday October 29 7:10 PM ET

Ken Jennings, a software engineer from Salt Lake City, has shattered records on the TV game show "Jeopardy!" His run began June 2 (interrupted by several special theme weeks).

A look at Jennings' streak:

Consecutive shows as winner: 63.

Money won on show aired Friday: $30,000.

Money won so far: $2,125,301.

Perspective: At the start of its 20th season last fall, "Jeopardy!" changed its longtime rule that said a champion must leave after five straight wins. Now a player stays until losing. Jennings now has the longest winning streak in game show history.

Final Jeopardy: The category was "Films of the '70s." The clue: "'The Babysitters Murders' was the working title for this 1978 thriller." Only Jennings correctly answered, "Halloween."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Jeopardy!' Champ Breaks Earnings Record

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK -
Quiz-show king Ken Jennings has broken another record on "Jeopardy!" He won $45,099 on the episode that aired Wednesday, bringing his total earnings to $2,197,000 to make him the top TV game-show winner ever.

He beat the previous record of $2,180,000, set by Michigan engineer Kevin Olmstead on ABC's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in 2001.

Jennings, a 30-year-old software engineer from Salt Lake City, began his 66-appearances-and-counting streak on the episode that aired June 2. Since then, he has richly profited from a rule change made only last year, at the start of the syndicated game show's 20th season, that removed its five-appearance limit. Now a contestant can continue playing as long as he wins.

On the "Jeopardy!" episode that aired Sept. 15, Jennings broke the record for longest winning streak on any television game show.

Where might it all stop? No one's confirmed it, but TV Week reported in September that Jennings lost after his 75th straight win, amassing a total of about $2.5 million. "Jeopardy!" episodes are taped in advance.

During the streak, Jennings has appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," presented a Top Ten list on "Late Show with David Letterman," and been a "Person of the Week" on ABC's "World News Tonight."

He has defeated 130 challengers and given more than 2,000 correct responses, including Wednesday's Final Jeopardy question, for which the clue was: "This king was the great-grandfather of France's King Louis XV."

Jennings sweetened his day's total take by $7,499 with his reply: "Who is Louis XIV?"

Besting Olmstead's record had been Jennings' goal "for a while," he told host Alex Trebek, adding, "I actually know Dr. Olmstead a little bit, and he's been very supportive."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave