What is success for...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, What is the minimum return on these player and personnel to deem them a success?

JJ Watt? 10 games played? 8 sacks?
AJ Green? 60 catches 600 yards? 6 td’s.
Team? 8,9,10 wins. Make the playoffs? Win a playoff game? Win the division?
Offense. Better or worse?
Defense. Better or worse?

My opinion the above numbers for Watt and Green are BEST case scenario.

Offense may be a slightly improved but not enough to make the playoffs.

Defense: A backward step.

I think Keim is on the hot seat. If we don’t make the playoffs we will be welcoming our new GM Adrian Wilson and the cycle will start all over.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
your JJ Watt prediction is wayyy too bearish. I think he's a 10-14 sack kinda guy on this Dline. your AJ green prediction is accurate and I think its worth the 6 million we're paying him without incentives.

I'll keep saying it. Next years defense is going to be much better and a top ten defense in the league IMO. I know you're upset over losing PP but he's one player. The front 7 is the best its been in years. Thats 63% of our starters.... sprinkle in Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Bryon Murphy, and whoever CB ends up being and thats a pretty dam good set of starters.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
your JJ Watt prediction is wayyy too bearish. I think he's a 10-14 sack kinda guy on this Dline. your AJ green prediction is accurate and I think its worth the 6 million we're paying him without incentives.

I'll keep saying it. Next years defense is going to be much better and a top ten defense in the league IMO. I know you're upset over losing PP but he's one player. The front 7 is the best its been in years. Thats 63% of our starters.... sprinkle in Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Bryon Murphy, and whoever CB ends up being and thats a pretty dam good set of starters.

Agreed.

OP needs to understand that JJ Watt is a generational talent and given his surrounding talent he should be explosive.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am totally NOT upset with Pp21 leaving. I’m upset that Keim has done NOTHING in preparation for this day and leaving this defensive backfield in total shambles.
If Watt has 12 sacks I’ll be shocked. I also think Greens stats are totally inadequate for a true #2 Wr.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff contention.

Individual stats are meaningless unless we win.
We were playoff contenders this year. I don’t think that’s acceptable. Not only that I think we have to WIN a playoff game to deem this season a success. That’s how I would define success of an “ all in” off season.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am totally NOT upset with Pp21 leaving. I’m upset that Keim has done NOTHING in preparation for this day and leaving this defensive backfield in total shambles.
If Watt has 12 sacks I’ll be shocked. I also think Greens stats are totally inadequate for a true #2 Wr.
you sure you're not upset? :confused:

trust me... whoever we have in that CB spot wont be much worse and they will be much cheaper.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you sure you're not upset? :confused:

trust me... whoever we have in that CB spot wont be much worse and they will be much cheaper.
You are willing to accept Keim putting us in this position considering Pp 21 was suspended, demanded a trade and a performance drop off yet did nothing to prepare for him leaving?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are willing to accept Keim putting us in this position considering Pp 21 was suspended, demanded a trade and a performance drop off yet did nothing to prepare for him leaving?
let free agency play out before you declare Keim has done nothing to prepare for him leaving. The position can easily still be upgraded or at least filled with the same level of play

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Playoff contention.

Individual stats are meaningless unless we win.

This.
However, just being in playoff contention is not nearly enough on a team basis.
I could care less about the individual stats. The team should have been in the playoffs last year, so a deep playoff run should be a minimum measure of success.