What if the Raiders...

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes. If you can add a 1st round to move from 1 to 4...you do it. There is not a first round pick difference between the top 4 players in this draft.

That's what I am thinking, we do not need all three to make this advantageous and one would think makes it even more doable for the Raiders

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I just don't think we need all three to see the bonus. The Raiders might come across as winners to some but we still do better than just having the one, but then again I believe that the talent drop off to four for a difference maker is not so big and we can then get a stud WR or even a OL guy in the first while still having our first second round pick to start off day two

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
great for us, but is Gruden that dumb. He is rebuilding his team also and needs those picks himself. Plus, why trade when the guy you want may be there at 4 anyway.

Think this through guys: If Cards want Murray they aren't trading. Thus, if they don't want him, there is no need to trade. There has been, not even a mention, of any other top team in the draft needing or coveting Murray. Even Lock is now being mentioned as FQOB if Cards pass on Murray. Heck, he might fall to Raiders at 24. You just never know. And on top off all that, Carr is no bum. Like Rosen, Allen, or even Eli, they all need to be surrounded by talented players. As they now stand, Raiders can get Carr any and all the talent he needs in this draft besides shoring up their D with their top pick.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Gruden and Mayock are that high on a player Cardinals should be thinking it over very carefully. They've been VERY smart picking up players this offseason

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't. Too many possibilities to get outmaneuvered and end up with egg on our faces trying to get greedy, all while handing the 49ers Bosa, and watching Q Williams get traded up for at 3 or whatever.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d be stunned if Oakland gave up this much, but I’ve been stunned by Gruden’s 2 cuts already.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No.

It would take at least 2 1sts this year, and next years 1st for me to trade off of Murray

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Gruden and Mayock are that high on a player Cardinals should be thinking it over very carefully. They've been VERY smart picking up players this offseason

... and also got rid of a top 5 player in the league in Khalil Mack.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DraftTek Mock has the Raiders and Cards trading #1 for 2 Raider RD 1 picks and a 2nd Rd pick and both teams swapping some picks later in the draft.
Oakland gets #1 and #139

Cards get #4 and #24 and #35

Perfect

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
... and also got rid of a top 5 player in the league in Khalil Mack.
They had NO choice in that matter. The Raiders have been in cap hell and there was a zero chance of resigning him this offseason.
Not sure if you knew that
Instead of having Mack for one year and letting him go...they got GREAT value in return

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To lose out on Murray, it would take multiple 1st round picks & at least 1 of their SB trophies. Because otherwise, we’d never see one in our building.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Cards want Murray they aren't trading. Thus, if they don't want him, there is no need to trade.

Pure logic. Good thoughts. The Raiders would really have to love Murray a lot, and firmly believe the Cardinals want him, to make any kind of move.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
DraftTek Mock has the Raiders and Cards trading #1 for 2 Raider RD 1 picks and a 2nd Rd pick and both teams swapping some picks later in the draft.
Oakland gets #1 and #139

This would be sweet!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oakland gets #1 and #139

Are the Raiders making that trade to snag Bosa??

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Not a chance this happening. Who would the Raiders move up for? They don’t want the midget.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IF the Cards don't draft Murray #1 overall then how far does he fall in the draft? Maybe the Raiders draft him at 4 but I doubt it.

Does BA want him in Tampa, don't think he is a BA QB type.

Doubt the Giants take him, not the prototypical QB they covet.

Jags just signed Foles.

Lions and Bills have their franchise QB

Broncos just traded for Flacco and I don't think Murray Elways type.

Bengals, maybe.

Packers are a hard no.

Dolphins are a maybe.

So if Murray could fall to the 11th pick or so then why are we taking him #1 overall???

If KKSK really want Murray then they need to get max value for the #1 pick which means trading back at least once and taking Murray where his value warrants it. Especially when we already have a franchise QB in the fold.