What I Saw

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That was one of the weirdest games I can recall. It’s odd because Lester posted a thread last weak about the Cards’ 1970 Monday shellacking of the Boys. It’s good Dandy Don wasn’t here to see this. He would have cried again. I know people feel vindicated by the win, but frankly it was more a Cowboy loss.

The Cards won’t win many games with 9 for 24 passing. That said I’ve never seen a QB as fast as Murray. When he ran outside he simply easily beat people to the edge. That’s a devastating advantage in the red zone and in short yardage situations.

Drake was faster than I thought but I think Edmonds would have taken that long run to the house too. It seemed early on the announcers agreed.

Phillips had a strong game. Perhaps he was honoring of his dad.

Hicks still has bad hands. It’s always hurt him in pass coverage. However he was solid against the run.

At least they let Simmons play a little. Hard to believe they can’t find a role for someone who’s that impressive an athlete.

The O-line played their best game but they got very little resistance from the Cowboys.

Reddick had another solid game.

Deionte Thompson plays better every week.

For those who thought Fitz was done; he looked quite good when given the chance.

I have no clue what happened to Isabella. He seems to be playing some other game. How can you lose a ball in the sun during a night game? It reminds me of the time an STL Card baseball player lost a ball in the sun and Harry Carey noted, “How can he lose a ball in the sun? He’s from the Dominican Republic.”

Kirk had 2 nice plays. If would be huge if he could become a weekly threat. The Cards again benefitted from involving multiple receivers.

Awesome game by Baker. He looked worth the money last night.

Finally, it’s important to keep a perspective. This opponent gave up in the first half. 24 points followed turnovers. Certainly a win is a win, but I’m not certain it said much about the Cards’ potential. Even the Jets would have won against that kind of effort.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cards won’t win many games with 9 for 24 passing. That said I’ve never seen a QB as fast as Murray. When he ran outside he simply easily beat people to the edge. That’s a devastating advantage in the red zone and in short yardage situations.

I'd say Lamar is still faster and probably a prime Mike Vick.

Truth is that stadium has a very fast turf. Him and Kirk ran their fastest MPH of their careers there.

Wish the Cardinals had a better home surface..

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd say Lamar is still faster and probably a prime Mike Vick.

Truth is that stadium has a very fast turf. Him and Kirk ran their fastest MPH of their careers there.

Wish the Cardinals had a better home surface..
The cardinals field has been voted by the players the best field in the league on more than one occasion. It's not the fastest field but better on the body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Defense played well, last night. But not having a premiere pass rusher, like CJ, will probably keep us from being consistently good, and dependent upon blitz packages. But I do applaud the effort. JMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the weirdest games I can recall. It’s odd because Lester posted a thread last weak about the Cards’ 1970 Monday shellacking of the Boys. It’s good Dandy Don wasn’t here to see this. He would have cried again. I know people feel vindicated by the win, but frankly it was more a Cowboy loss.

Drake was faster than I thought but I think Edmonds would have taken that long run to the house too. It seemed early on the announcers agreed.

Phillips had a strong game. Perhaps he was honoring of his dad.

Hicks still has bad hands. It’s always hurt him in pass coverage. However he was solid against the run.

At least they let Simmons play a little. Hard to believe they can’t find a role for someone who’s that impressive an athlete.

The O-line played their best game but they got very little resistance from the Cowboys.

Reddick had another solid game.

Deionte Thompson plays better every week.

For those who thought Fitz was done; he looked quite good when given the chance.

I have no clue what happened to Isabella. He seems to be playing some other game. How can you lose a ball in the sun during a night game? It reminds me of the time an STL Card baseball player lost a ball in the sun and Harry Carey noted, “How can he lose a ball in the sun? He’s from the Dominican Republic.”

Kirk had 2 nice plays. If would be huge if he could become a weekly threat. The Cards again benefitted from involving multiple receivers.

Awesome game by Baker. He looked worth the money last night.

Finally, it’s important to keep a perspective. This opponent gave up in the first half. 24 points followed turnovers. Certainly a win is a win, but I’m not certain it said much about the Cards’ potential. Even the Jets would have won against that kind of effort.

Nonsense. The Cowboys were considered by many the top offense in the league before Dak went down, and most people expected them to torch the Cards D. Our D was amazing and really only gave up a meaningless touchdown.

This game has just as much to do with a Cards win as it does a Cowboys loss.

Also, he didn't lose the ball in the sun... :sarcasm: It was clear he was expecting it on the other shoulder.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, what happens this offseason if Reddick finishes the season with 11 sacks and plays credibly against the run?

You let someone else pay him and take the comp pick.

His sacks have been against Morgan Moses, Tyrell Crosby, Brandon Knight and Terence Steele. He has, it seems one pass rush move and that's speed rush.

I'm not falling for it. He's been better for sure, but not so you would pay him any real money.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"The Cards won’t win many games with 9 for 24 passing".

True... but you'll find more than a few Russell Wilson's wins with similar passing results: Legs matter!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Defense played well, last night. But not having a premiere pass rusher, like CJ, will probably keep us from being consistently good, and dependent upon blitz packages. But I do applaud the effort. JMO.
At least we finally blitz

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Nonsense. The Cowboys were considered by many the top offense in the league before Dak went down, and most people expected them to torch the Cards D. Our D was amazing and really only gave up a meaningless touchdown.

This game has just as much to do with a Cards win as it does a Cowboys loss.

Also, he didn't lose the ball in the sun... :sarcasm: It was clear he was expecting it on the other shoulder.

I expected a higher point total from the Cowboys. However, they gave up 24 points on turnovers. It’s a thing called momentum The turmoil currently reported in Dallas fairly well says this team without Dak is not competitive. I think they fell apart before our eyes. In fact Drake’s run was the result of the game being virtually out of reach before that play.

BTW since it was a night game so I didn’t really see the sun as a factor. As for the wrong shoulder theory, it wasn’t just that play. He seemed lost to me. He’s got to run better routes and get separation. On Kirk’s TD both he and Isabella were running deep routes. Murray correctly threw to Kirk as he had greater separation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expected a higher point total from the Cowboys. However, they gave up 24 points on turnovers. It’s a thing called momentum The turmoil currently reported in Dallas fairly well says this team without Dak is not competitive. I think they fell apart before our eyes. In fact Drake’s run was the result of the game being virtually out of reach before that play.

BTW since it was a night game so I didn’t really see the sun as a factor. As for the wrong shoulder theory, it wasn’t just that play. He seemed lost to me. He’s got to run better routes and get separation. On Kirk’s TD both he and Isabella were running deep routes. Murray correctly threw to Kirk as he had greater separation.

We clearly aren't seeing the same thing. One ball Murray completely overthrew Isabella, not on him.

The 'other shoulder' throw, Isabella was expecting the ball on the other shoulder. He tried to adjust and stumbled a bit which caused him to lose speed. This one is more on Isabella than Murray, but that ball was a bit overthrown too.

The third one, as I mentioned in another thread. Isabella ran a post route taking the deep safety to him, leaving Kirk wide open. Isabella had plenty of separation on that play, prior to the safety engaging and is getting plenty more on other plays as well. You could argue that is routes could use some work, and I would agree.

I know you were being facetious on the sun comment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose