What I Make of the Panther Game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything except playing field position might not have mattered the way our defensive game plan was formed.
Every team in the league has gotten their clocks cleaned at some point this year. It happens. We need to bounce back and best Seattle. Go into the bye 9-2 and get a well deserved break.
Then we get to talk about how weak we are coming out of the bye! Lol!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they threw it away... it was a meaningless game and we had key players hurt. so they dropped it in favor of letting guys heal and started thinking about seattle... the hags game is fairly meaningless too but it is a divisional game and its always nice to win those.
the only thing we surrendered with that loss was the number 1 seed...with half a season to play.
I just don’t get a cardinals fan (or any fan for that matter) calling a game (much less TWO games) that’s squarely in the middle of the season “meaningless.” Particularly following a season where a single game cost us a playoff spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
last week you thought we were on the verge of a QB controversy, Kliff called his best game, and Keim had assembled a roster full of leadership and competitiveness.
link for Harry McCoy thread

this week Kliff sucks and our roster lacks leadership? this is some over-reaction Monday stuff which should be limited to week 1. We have a 10 game body of work to look at and Kliff and Keim have been WAY better than what you are portraying.

all that said, I left in the 3rd quarter and wanted to run home.
Huh, I think it’s entirely possible for a coach to call their best game one week and then suck the next. Just like it can happen with players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just don’t get a cardinals fan (or any fan for that matter) calling a game (much less TWO games) that’s squarely in the middle of the season “meaningless.” Particularly following a season where a single game cost us a playoff spot.

Especially a conference game against a common opponent. That matters in races for the divisional championship and a wild card spot. The least meaningful game on our schedule was the Cleveland game.

Wouldn't we have missed the playoffs even if we'd beaten the Rams last year?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Especially a conference game against a common opponent. That matters in races for the divisional championship and a wild card spot. The least meaningful game on our schedule was the Cleveland game.

Wouldn't we have missed the playoffs even if we'd beaten the Rams last year?
Nah. Bears lost the last game of the season as well.

If we beat the Rams we would have got the 6th seed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....and in most seasons I wouldnt. But I have misguided faith that these guys are for real this season. Panthers game wont likely play into any tie breakers and the hags are not a threat to win the division. so if we have to drop a game or two in order to bring our squad back to strength, this is exactly the spot on the schedule to do it.

OP
OP
H

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For those bemoaning the quality of the second string, the salary cap has meant that virtually every team has a huge drop off when it has several players out; look at the Niners. The alternative is no cap, which allows the rich teams to dominate for the most part.