What I like best about Arians' coaching...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Bruce Arians and his staff are really good at halftime adjustments. I cannot recall a coaching staff of ours that seems to adjust so well into the second half of play

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1. I think this is what I like the most as well.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I give Bowles a ton of credit for halftime adjustments. Most of the major adjustments I noticed were on the defensive side. And considering how little I thought of him and how wrong I was that was probably the biggest surprise. The adjustments on offense after halftime in my opinion were minimal--if Palmer settled down we looked good and if not it was a grind. I do think BA is awesome at delegating and having trust in the coaches he hired. Doesn't hurt to have Tom Moore on the sidelines taking notes and breaking down film either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
In the second half of last year we were +55 in scoring vs opponents. We were only outscored 5 times last year in the second half all 5 were in the first half of the season.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the second half of last year we were +55 in scoring vs opponents. We were only outscored 5 times last year in the second half all 5 were in the first half of the season.

How many points did the Cards score in the 2nd half of games compared to what they scored in the 1st half?

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
What I like most about Bruce Arians, (the coach), is his total passion for his job. He works to be the best he can, and surrounds himself with the best talent to help him do that. All the while, he is about character, and trust, and leadership qualities in everyone around him. We are VERY blessed to have him as our Head Coach.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How many points did the Cards score in the 2nd half of games compared to what they scored in the 1st half?

2013:
Cards first half 171 second half 208. Opponents first half 183 second half 141. Cards had 3 games where opponents didn't score in the 2nd half.

Rams scored 14 to win in 4th Q of game 1 and 49ers 6 to win in 4th Q in game 2.
Otherwise the Cards could have been 12-4. :koolaid: :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
At some point it's inevitable...it's part of Cardinal history ;)

Every Cardinal HC since Pop Ivy left in 1962 has had at least one season of 5-11, 4-12, or 4-9-1. 4-9-1 was the old 5-11 before the NFL went to 16 games.

4-9-1 with 'em. 4-9-1 without 'em. :p

Bugel and McGinnis were special. They managed to go both 4-12 AND 5-11.

Oh wait. This isn't the worst coach ever thread? Sorry.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Every Cardinal HC since Pop Ivy left in 1962 has had at least one season of 5-11, 4-12, or 4-9-1. 4-9-1 was the old 5-11 before the NFL went to 16 games.

4-9-1 with 'em. 4-9-1 without 'em. :p

Bugel and McGinnis were special. They managed to go both 4-12 AND 5-11.

Oh wait. This isn't the worst coach ever thread? Sorry.

Arians will coach for over a decade, being our most winning coach and get us at least two Super Bowl titles... and then when his mind is gone and we are torn about releasing our heralded coach, in his late seventies he will give us a couple of 5-11 seasons as you accurately forecast lol

jerseycard

Reaction score
UOTE=Jetstream Green;2972485]Arians will coach for over a decade, being our most winning coach and get us at least two Super Bowl titles... and then when his mind is gone and we are torn about releasing our heralded coach, in his late seventies he will give us a couple of 5-11 seasons as you accurately forecast lol[/QUOTE]

@jetstream every time I see your avatar of Roy Green in the best uniforms ever the home whites it brings back good memories

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
UOTE=Jetstream Green;2972485]Arians will coach for over a decade, being our most winning coach and get us at least two Super Bowl titles... and then when his mind is gone and we are torn about releasing our heralded coach, in his late seventies he will give us a couple of 5-11 seasons as you accurately forecast lol

@jetstream every time I see your avatar of Roy Green in the best uniforms ever the home whites it brings back good memories[/QUOTE]

The sacred #81 is also available again (giving it to Dray was just wrong haha) and I do not care what number Ginn wants... he is fast, though his hands are not half as good, but his name is close to Green and it would give the man mojo to have such a blessing lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson