What I learned. What did you learn?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Easier did than done

Where are we going to find someone who can block and catch at this point in the season?

criteria: TEs who are capable blockers but can be counted on to catch a 9 yard hitch, etc that are on teams that are out of it

Chopper is all over Giesecki, so i will leave him out

in order of my preference:

Kyle Rudolph, NYG. inexpensive contract, is playing, good contract and signed in 2022 as well.
Pharoh Brown, HOU. underrated guy, but a starter there and not sure they trade him, maybe expensive in comp
Hayden Hurst, ATL. not sure if ATL thinks they are out of it, and Hurst's grades are all kinda meh
Adam Shaheen, MIA. good run blocker, x-tra large target
Darren Fells, DET another good blocker, pretty good receiver

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is why we get beat next week.

Browns front 4 are at least as good, if not better. Plus they have the DB's to back them up.

They have a good O line and we can;t stop the run. Chubb might run for 200 next week.

Pretty sure Brown's will be our first loss, but that's fine. If anyone said 5-1 with Texans, Packers, Niners, Panthers and Seahawks to come I'd take it. I fancy us to be at least 8-3 after that run.
For sure our stiffest test next week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At the very least he needs to remember that curling outside the rusher isn't the only way to escape the pocket. He can step up and run inside the guy too.
Yup. He needs to take that page from Russ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyle Rudolph does what you are speaking about the best. Personal opinion is that you are underestimating Gesicki's blocking. He is an effort blocker but Miami asks him to block in a different way than we ask Maxx to block. Gesicki is more than capable and willing to get on the edge and bury a defensive back or get in the way of a pursuit LB. He struggles when the Dolphins ask him to sit and single block EDGE players which they do a lot.

Is he as good of a blocker as Maxx, no. Is he as willing of a blocker, yes. Is he a better pass option that teams would need to account for, yes and significantly so.
I would go hard after Rudolph.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would go hard after Rudolph.
The benefit with him is that he is signed for 2022. The bad part is that the Giants are a weird franchise right now and they are playing him 61% of snaps. Despite being 1-4, I don't know that the Giants are looking to get rid of players.

I like Gesicki better, but Rudolph fits as well.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why we get beat next week.

Browns front 4 are at least as good, if not better. Plus they have the DB's to back them up.

They have a good O line and we can;t stop the run. Chubb might run for 200 next week.

Pretty sure Brown's will be our first loss, but that's fine. If anyone said 5-1 with Texans, Packers, Niners, Panthers and Seahawks to come I'd take it. I fancy us to be at least 8-3 after that run.
I think that the Browns are the toughest match up for us so far. I actually liked our chances better going into both the Titans and Rams games when every body thought we would get crushed. The Browns strengths are against our weaknesses.

To win, we will have to have more explosive plays than they do. So, I do give us a little chance. Their secondary is really not good and is prone to getting torched. See the Chargers yesterday.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird thing so far this year is that the Cards are playing better on the road then at home. Worst two games this season thus far have been the two home games.

Has it really been "home" though? Disgraceful amount of tickets sold to opposing fans.

HomerPimpson

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Couple things I "learned" after yesterday:
Our offensive and defensive lines have been upgraded considerably. It's one thing on paper, but the proof is in the doing. We brought in Watt and Hudson, but again, prove it. Forget stats and PFF grades, how are you helping win games? Show me. Yesterday was the 2nd game in a row we started a drive at the 1 yard line and got points. The week before it was 7, yesterday it was 3. That's an offensive line pushing opponents all the way down the field, giving our defense field position and time to rest. On defense it was the 2 4th down stops, something we frankly haven't seen from this team. It wasn't the only time, they had a failed goal line stand a couple of weeks ago where they showed the same want-to and determination.

This isn't the same team we're used to criticizing and second-guessing. From Kyler's improvement to coaching (and yes, even from Vance) to Keim bringing in Green, drafting Moore, and bringing in Watts and Hudson, this whole team is in some kind of zone right now.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple things I "learned" after yesterday:
Our offensive and defensive lines have been upgraded considerably. It's one thing on paper, but the proof is in the doing. We brought in Watt and Hudson, but again, prove it. Forget stats and PFF grades, how are you helping win games? Show me. Yesterday was the 2nd game in a row we started a drive at the 1 yard line and got points. The week before it was 7, yesterday it was 3. That's an offensive line pushing opponents all the way down the field, giving our defense field position and time to rest. On defense it was the 2 4th down stops, something we frankly haven't seen from this team. It wasn't the only time, they had a failed goal line stand a couple of weeks ago where they showed the same want-to and determination.

This isn't the same team we're used to criticizing and second-guessing. From Kyler's improvement to coaching (and yes, even from Vance) to Keim bringing in Green, drafting Moore, and bringing in Watts and Hudson, this whole team is in some kind of zone right now.
I’ll add this. We worry about our running game and if you look at the stats you would think it was a problem. BUT! With 4 minutes left in the game ( with Garcia at center) we ran the ball for two yards. A first down to Hopkins. Conner up the middle for 7 yards( when they KNEW we were going to run. Then a four yard run for a first down. Game over.
Last year we would have turned it over on downs and prayed our defense could hold up.

HomerPimpson

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ll add this. We worry about our running game and if you look at the stats you would think it was a problem. BUT! With 4 minutes left in the game ( with Garcia at center) we ran the ball for two yards. A first down to Hopkins. Conner up the middle for 7 yards( when they KNEW we were going to run. Then a four yard run for a first down. Game over.
Last year we would have turned it over on downs and prayed our defense could hold up.
It builds incredible trust on the other side of the ball. When you stop them at the 1 as a defense you're probably thinking great, 3 and out and I'll be right back out there, but this offense rewards defensive performance--as your example shows the offense repays that trust by ending the game.