What I Believe About the New Administration

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The same Bill Belichick and Patriots who set a record for free agent money spent in 2021 at about $160 million? Old dog - new tricks.
Same results - nothing special without Brady. Chasing ghosts of the past is a really terrifying path if that is the choice. Following the Patriots "Way" has been pretty much a total failure outside of NE.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same results - nothing special without Brady. Chasing ghosts of the past is a really terrifying path if that is the choice. Following the Patriots "Way" has been pretty much a total failure outside of NE.
One thing the Patriots do that IS a good idea is to ignore common views of players and instead value fit of players.

That's how the Patriots ended up taking Logan Mankins round one when everyone else had a much lower grade.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How are any of these proven to be true, this early on in the process?
5 - They said they want me not we guys. Have not signed any stars and are actively getting rid the Cardinals most talented players which indicates they do not value them as highly.

7 - Most on here would say Monti and Gannon comes across as very confident individuals.

8 - Gannon with his "it's all in my mind" and "experience is overrated" mindset. We will "coach'em up". Monti with his boycotting of signing quality players in FA.

9 - They took the job stating they could fix the Cardinals. I believe them when they say that.

10 - They seem to be making moves for specific reasons. It looks like a plan even if I don't believe it is a good one.

I honestly didn't think this was a controversial take.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 - They said they want me not we guys. Have not signed any stars and are actively getting rid the Cardinals most talented players which indicates they do not value them as highly.
This assumes he has the budget and the permission from Bidwill to do so. All indications is that this is a lean year because Bidwill is eating the contracts of Kliff/Keim.
7 - Most on here would say Monti and Gannon comes across as very confident individuals.
Still not sure how this is a bad thing. Would we want the alternative?

8 - Gannon with his "it's all in my mind" and "experience is overrated" mindset. We will "coach'em up". Monti with his boycotting of signing quality players in FA.
See first response.

9 - They took the job stating they could fix the Cardinals. I believe them when they say that.
See second response.
10 - They seem to be making moves for specific reasons. It looks like a plan even if I don't believe it is a good one.
This I would agree with.
I don't think it is completely controversial, but I do think it is full with conjecture.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I do think they have very specific plans.

Let's do a quick exercise in thought here. What are the reasons that the Cardinals would not re-sign Allen and Murphy? I'll add one:

1. Injury history. Both players do have a not unsubstantial injury history. Allen specifically hasn't ever finished an entire season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This assumes he has the budget and the permission from Bidwill to do so. All indications is that this is a lean year because Bidwill is eating the contracts of Kliff/Keim.

Still not sure how this is a bad thing. Would we want the alternative?

See first response.

See second response.

This I would agree with.

I don't think it is completely controversial, but I do think it is full with conjecture.
All that we do on here is full of conjecture. I shared that these items seem to be true and tried to stay away from them being good or bad.

Also, speaking of conjecture, on your budget and permission comment, it's about valuing players. If they valued either Allen or Murphy enough they could have convinced Bidwill to spend on them. They didn't thus the value comment.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All that we do on here is full of conjecture. I shared that these items seem to be true and tried to stay away from them being good or bad.

Also, speaking of conjecture, on your budget and permission comment, it's about valuing players. If they valued either Allen or Murphy enough they could have convinced Bidwill to spend on them. They didn't thus the value comment.
Except you said it was true, not that it was conjecture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you believe all indications are that we’re looking at four more lean years because last I checked, Kliff/Keim contracts are wiped off the books this year. No professional sports team should just fold up their tents for five years or even ONE year because of two contracts they got wrong… that aren’t even that big in the grand scheme of things.

And if they do for even one year, they’re just either beyond cheap or cash poor. Either way, it’s a pathetic position for any ownership group to be in.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you believe all indications are that we’re looking at four more lean years because last I checked, Kliff/Keim contracts are wiped off the books this year. No professional sports team should just fold up their tents for five years or even ONE year because of two contracts they got wrong… that aren’t even that big in the grand scheme of things.

And if they do for even one year, they’re just either beyond cheap or cash poor. Either way, it’s a pathetic position for any ownership group to be in.
Yes. I think we are likely looking at 10 more lean years with a couple better years sprinkled way. It's the Cardinals way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why people are freaked out about someone being confident. What do they want someone that doubts and second guesses everything that they do?
Confident and not knowing what you're doing is a very bad thing. Confident while taking a measured approach with said confidence is preferable. My problem is, with a lot of questionable moves and half-measures, I'm not feeling like it's the latter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Confident and not knowing what you're doing is a very bad thing. Confident while taking a measured approach with said confidence is preferable. My problem is, with a lot of questionable moves and half-measures, I'm not feeling like it's the latter.
I'd feel a lot more confident with a few three year deals for young, hungry players. Players who are likely to outperform their contract, or at least won't hurt the cap a year or two from now if they don't work out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose