What happened to the creativity, Whiz?

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
What happened to calling flea flickers and coming out to start the 3rd quarter and onside kicking? What happened to surprising the other teams D?

I watch games and I can almost always tell if it's going to be a run or a pass as soon as the team lines up, and further I can usually tell which side the runs are going to. If I can tell as a fan, how much more can a defense that's spent all week watching tape and scouting us tell? Being predictable only works if your team is far and above more talented than the other team.

As a fan, I'd rather see us get creative and hope for the best, then watch us run dull, predictable packages into turnovers and stalled drives. I'd much rather see a turn over on a trick play than on a forced pass into double coverage after passing when we should be running.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
You want these QB's executing flea flickers and the like??? Good God, have you been sleeping so far this season?????? I will be super happy if these ******** QB's can just soundly carry out the basic packages.

OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
You want these QB's executing flea flickers and the like??? Good God, have you been sleeping so far this season?????? I will be super happy if these ******** QB's can just soundly carry out the basic packages.

We have to try something. Maybe not flea flickers, but something. We aren't going to win with the basic packages. Continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He started out running Beanie, threw in a reverse, short routes for Hall, it was good stuff. Then he just went all Air Whiz. Talk about a passion for the pass. I bet he passes more than he runs next week also.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im not sure we want to start getting too tricky right now. We have a ton of fundamentals which need to be worked out beforehand.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
He started out running Beanie, threw in a reverse, short routes for Hall, it was good stuff. Then he just went all Air Whiz. Talk about a passion for the pass. I bet he passes more than he runs next week also.

Really going out on a limb there. Have we ever ran more than we passed under Whiz?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What's running?
You know boil em mash em put em in a stew. Even you couldn't say no to a plate of fried run and chips.
Oh yes I could, I like my pass raw and wiggly!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would be thrilled if we could stop turning over the ball at record breaking numbers.