What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He played very well last night. There were however, 3 to 4 running plays where Hyde and Scarborough gashed us for 8,9,10 yards where Simmons was out of position and failed to fill the hole. But he’ll learn... I hope!

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need to give him four games before we start passing judgment. Four games would have been the number of pre-season games he would have played in and learned the system.

Great looking player, future looks bright.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He played very well last night. There were however, 3 to 4 running plays where Hyde and Scarborough gashed us for 8,9,10 yards where Simmons was out of position and failed to fill the hole. But he’ll learn... I hope!
He was out of position but our DL was getting pushed around. It is hard for a LB when your DL is pushed 2-3 yards downfield.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed, definitely a different guy now. Has stuff to clean up yes but he was good. He also came fairly close to another pick there was a throw to the TE where you could see he knew it was coming but was a half step late, he clapped his hands after it because he knew he nearly got it.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was very impressed. He looked like the best player on the Cardinals defense by a fairly wide margin last night.

He plays the run very well and can rush the passer with great effectiveness already.

The pass game just takes time. But its clear as day he has elite potential

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is big too. It's impressive to have that speed and be one of the longest players on the field.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gotta improve up front for him. Think run defense will be an issue for him until he gets stronger. However, as athlete he might have been the most impressive player on the field.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought he played great and obviously will get even better.
Simmons should get more snaps each game going forward. That said we need help fast on the D line.