What happened to 9-0?

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
I was at The Metrodome today and watched Dockett get consistently blocked by one lineman and never get off the block. All day. I know he has a reputation for taking plays off, but he took this entire game off. Ugh.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone will come in here and cry the hamstring. Even though he is healthy now. Was cleared to practice full this week and the injury is a month old.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Someone will come in here and cry the hamstring. Even though he is healthy now. Was cleared to practice full this week and the injury is a month old.

He was cleared to practice, that obviously means he is back to 100% pre-injury health, as team injury reports are noted for their absolute accuracy. :rolleyes:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was cleared to practice, that obviously means he is back to 100% pre-injury health, as team injury reports are noted for their absolute accuracy. :rolleyes:

He was cleared for FULL practice this week from being limited. Generally means your 100%

;)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
He was cleared for FULL practice this week from being limited. Generally means your 100%

;)

BUT ... no player is ever 100% mid way thru the season. Something must've been up with him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BUT ... no player is ever 100% mid way thru the season. Something must've been up with him.

Historically has diss appeared for stretches. He was cleared to practice full. If he wasn't healthy they would limit him. It's just an excuse.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
had a bad game? Where was Scho? I checked the stats and didn't see a damn thing for him. DWash is having an All-Pro season though. My God...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont do it Shane.. I know you hate Dockett.. For whatever reason I will never know.. But DOnt do it..

Haha

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont do it Shane.. I know you hate Dockett.. For whatever reason I will never know.. But DOnt do it..

Haha

I like DD just fine. But I called like I see em. Injury is not an excuse when you have been cleared for FULL practice. He's a good player. But he does disappear for stretches even when healthy like today.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
had a bad game? Where was Scho? I checked the stats and didn't see a damn thing for him. DWash is having an All-Pro season though. My God...
Nothing. Zilch. Nada...

No stats for Schofield.

Even Bradley had a tackle assist when subbing in for injured Lenon. Groves had 2 tackles.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing. Zilch. Nada...

No stats for Schofield.

Even Bradley had a tackle assist when subbing in for injured Lenon. Groves had 2 tackles.
that's what I mean... seems that's how it goes for him. He's either a stud or a dud. Hope he gets some consistency. When all 11 players show up, I don't think this D can be beat

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
What nonsense. Being cleared to practice full means you PARTICIPATE in all portions of practice. Not the same as being 100 percent healthy. He's healthy enough to practice fully, and thats all. Hammy is obviously hurting as he was tearing it up prior to the injury.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What nonsense. Being cleared to practice full means you PARTICIPATE in all portions of practice. Not the same as being 100 percent healthy. He's healthy enough to practice fully, and thats all. Hammy is obviously hurting as he was tearing it up prior to the injury.
Plus 1.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Held a team that is 5-2.

To 14 offensive points, under 100 yards passing & under 10 pass completions

And we are calling out defensive players?

That is ridiculous. Where was 90? Doing his job & helping the defense.

Sent from Rugbymuffin's Super Phone

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Held a team that is 5-2.

Sent from Rugbymuffin's Super Phone

However, the Cards have allowed over 160 yards rushing each of the last two games. They're just an odd team. Completely shut down the pass but give up big rushing totals in a QB driven, pass happy league.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The defense has done a job good enough to win just about every game. They have only allowed 20+ (21) points once this season, the best in the NFL as every other defense has allowed a higher total in at least one game.

If we had even a decent offense this team would likely have at least one or two more wins. The offense is the crux of the problem with this team and will be so for the rest of the season.

How many times this year has the offense left the defense with a short field and the defense has either held the opponent to a FG or stopped them completely.

It really doesn't matter how many yds they give up on the ground in a game or through the air. What really matters is how many times they let the other team find the endzone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to 9-0? We lost to the rams. But we probably would have lost before 9 wins anyway.

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Love you man but I'm down with these cats. We've seen numourous guys come back to early. DD is one of them, he doesn't take time off, much the opposite. The whole D is like that.

Dockett is a 3-4 defensive end or 4-3 Defensive Tackle. He is not a 2-4-5 Defensive End/Tackle. Which is how Horton is using him. So we see a drop off in production. But, Dockett at 80% is as good as most NFL interior defensive linemen at 100%.

I was disappointed Sunday to see the Vikings just run over our base 3-4 in the first half.

OP
OP
DakotaCardsFan

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
Held a team that is 5-2.

I agree the defense did enough to win and I like DD as a player. My point was that he did nothing in this game but occupy one blocker.

Dockett Dockett at 80% is as good as most NFL interior defensive linemen at 100%.

I would have agreed with that before watching him in Minny. He couldn't get off a block. Maybe it was due to the injury lingering, but if so I would rather have seen a 100% healthy backup playing. Again, not trying to hate on Dockett. I was just surprised by how ineffective he was in that game.

What happened to 9-0? We lost to the rams. But we probably would have lost before 9 wins anyway.

Well played. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose