What Do You Hate Most About The Cardinals Right Now?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's so many little things i can point to... an awful O-line, a decision to let two big play-makers go without replacing them at all... deciding that what this team need was an influx of AGE instead of talent... but none of those bother me as much as this:

This year's and last year's teams... ARE FREAKING BORING BAD. Meaning, at least in the past, the Cardinals would AMAZE with their ability to come up with unfathomable ways to lose football games. We'd all freak out, laugh about it... and get ready whatever nightmare they cooked up next.

But this? This is just boring bad football... old, boring bad football. There's no surprises anymore. They've become predictably boring and bad. it's like we're getting absolutely ZERO entertainment value out of these games now.

That sucks.

What does everyone else hate most about the team now?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
That I have no confidence in our defense to make a critical stop, unlike years past.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The fact the the problems we had last year are still problems. See our kicker and offensive line.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The offensive line. It makes it tough to do anything or evaluate anyone. I also don't see how a rookie QB comes in and can be successful behind this trainwreck. There is not one player on this unit that I am confident will be in the league in 3 years...including Humphries. Maybe Wetzel as a backup.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that Fitz will never get a ring after sticking with this team through thick and thin. Like so many times over the years, he balled out only to watch the rest of the team lay an egg. I wonder how many times over the years Fitz has run his route only to turn back and see his QB on the ground after a sack. The O-line was Denny's downfall, it was Whiz's, and now it's about to be BASK's.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
The thing I hate the most is that it looks like the Cardinals are going to ruin my Monday quite a bit this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Catman is 6 of 7, kicking outdoors for the Jets this year...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe is on BA, putting too much pressure on his kickers
Relying on them too much in clutch moments and not using in many 4th downs, so they can't get the rhythm

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact this forum will be filled with so much negativity if the season continues like this, that I might have to venture back to P&R. :p

that's just it... it's just DEPRESSING. At least there used to be some misery loves company/gallows humor thing going on when they'd pull a L out of a sure W.

This just blows.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dawson has been an atrocity. The missed FG was when the momentum switched. You could actually feel it in the stadium. All three of his misses are not just misses. The were chip shots that were inexpicably shanked.

Moving Veldheer to RT. You can't tell me it's easy for a guy to do a 180 on his muscle memory. Not when the offseason is in shorts with almost no game speed hitting. We have to get better play from Veldheer, and our only shot for that, IMHO, is putting him back at LT. Because, oh btw what a shocker, Wetzelt plays hard and with guts but he just is not a starting LT in the league and he won't be. He can fill in during emergencies, but he is nothing more than a short term utility guy

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That I have no confidence in our defense to make a critical stop, unlike years past.
I think it's conditioning. First half, money. 2nd half, more specifically the 4th quarter. Gassed.

And what I hate about this team is the offensive line. No excuse not being able to stop a 3 man rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
what hits me the hardest... hmm,

The o-line. Not that it's bad, but that it is disturbingly bad. That each year it starts the year bad,... but ends the season with a few solid games. Which then leads us to believe the issue is fixed. But come next september it looks like we have five totally new rookies on the line again.

it is obvious that we have talent on the o-line. why are they not pulling it together? why do they not retain what they learn from one season to the next? why does our guard stand in front of Palmer, blocking nobody, while the DE blows around the tackle and gets a sack? why does he not jump back there and help?

This has literally had me in total WTF mode for the past couple seasons.

it has to be coaching. I mean, hell,...we get guys and the longer they are on the team the worse they get...how does that even happen?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nothing. I'm bummed, but not the least bit upset. This is about what I expected, especially when we lost David Johnson, John Brown, our LT LG and when it was clear in the first two games that our special teams are still a mess. The second half of our schedule is TOUGH. Even if we get it together, it's going to be a tough year boys and girls.

Lower your expectations going out, and life will be a lot less frustrating. :)

We're definitely going to be rebuilding next year, even if we make the playoffs. Guys are just too damn old.

Just make sure you dont tune out and miss Larry's final season as a Cardinal in all likelyhood.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Obviously OL is awful. It felt like Levi Brown was out there at RT. Veldher should be benched or cut once Humphries and Iupati are back. Let Wetzel and Boone battle it out for RT, both held their own imo.

Special teams units are still worst in the league. All kicks and punts were nearly blocked, coverage was awful, no blocking on returns, bad situational awareness. Obviously Amos Jones has no clue.

Defense has to get better too. Always give up untimely momentum killing big plays while playing well otherwise.

On the bright side our divison is one of the worst right now. Palmer can still sling it if protected, and Larry is Larry. Next year though Keim will have to blow up the offense, special teams and coaching. We're in for a rebuild.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree with the OL but mainly RT. Veldheer is playing the worst RT I have ever seen. He gets beat every pass play not just every so often. Sometimes he recovers to push the rusher out of the way at the last second but he's getting manhandled regularly.

Hell, John Simon made him look terrible last week and he's a second stringer at best. The sad thing is, it's his technique which I don't see getting better as the season goes along. If he hasn't gotten it down throughout the entire off season, I don't see how it gets better when the action is real.

He flat out needs to be replaced. It's amazing that he was a very good LT and can't make the switch as a veteran. I was all for the switch. Boy, was I wrong on that one.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's conditioning. First half, money. 2nd half, more specifically the 4th quarter. Gassed.

And what I hate about this team is the offensive line. No excuse not being able to stop a 3 man rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Once the Cowboys figured they could get more than enough pressure on Carson just rushing 3 we were screwed.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Move Veldheer back to LT and DJ back to RT once he is healthy. Veldheer wanted to retire over the summer because he knew he could not make the transition to RT. How many millions does he make? Put him back where he can be average instead of being an embarrassment. I agree with a previous post, too that once Dawson missed yet ANONTHER easy FG, the momentum changed and we were doomed. Stupid penalties killing great plays didn't help either.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For those who say the NFC West is terrible, I hope (but doubt) that they're correct. If I'm a Rams' fan, I think I'd feel pretty good about my team. They have:
1. An up and coming (maybe??) QB.
2. A running game.
3. A solid (potentially) defense.
4. Good kicking/ST's.
5. A new coach, who might be a VG one.
6. A state of the art stadium being built. And as long as the team is winning will be filled with front running fans.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Consistency is our main problem right now. We were slaughtering the Cowboys on defense in the first quarter, but come the second quarter and ESPECIALLY the second half, we just let them go. Dawson is less consistent than Catman, Veldheer plays like he has a severe concussion (he looks like does, too), and the less said about our o-line, the better. A pathetic showing. Carson doesn't deserve this. Larry doesn't deserve this. CJ doesn't deserve this. Just awful.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dawson has been an atrocity. The missed FG was when the momentum switched. You could actually feel it in the stadium. All three of his misses are not just misses. The were chip shots that were inexpicably shanked.

Moving Veldheer to RT. You can't tell me it's easy for a guy to do a 180 on his muscle memory. Not when the offseason is in shorts with almost no game speed hitting. We have to get better play from Veldheer, and our only shot for that, IMHO, is putting him back at LT. Because, oh btw what a shocker, Wetzelt plays hard and with guts but he just is not a starting LT in the league and he won't be. He can fill in during emergencies, but he is nothing more than a short term utility guy

I would like to agree about veldheer, but muscle memory has nothing to do with him repeatedly being bull rushed right into the qb. He looks weak, and apethetic. After three games he looks like he is actually getting worse. He needs to be benched asap.