What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of The Who, Folk Implosion, Sebadoh,
Brother Cane, The Police, and Steve Miller Band.....

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I have the following Cds in my car now: Kings of Leon, Offspring, Alice Cooper, Rancid, Something Corporate, and Sublime. A different mix, depending on how I feel.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vindictives
Bouncing Souls
Bigwig
Plinko
Sicko

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
all Neil, all the time

Forever in bluejeans....yeah!!

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BendCardfan
I have the following Cds in my car now: Kings of Leon, Offspring, Alice Cooper, Rancid, Something Corporate, and Sublime. A different mix, depending on how I feel.

Which c.d.s do you have of both Rancid and Sublime? Which other ska/punk bands do you listen to? What's your opinion on the newest Offspring c.d.?

Originally posted by Ryanwb
all Neil, all the time

Forever in bluejeans....yeah!!

Are you serious? If so, that's awesome since several people would rarely admit to listening to his music...I'm also one of those who actually enjoys his music, but afraid to admit it.....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
Are you serious? If so, that's awesome since several people would rarely admit to listening to his music...I'm also one of those who actually enjoys his music, but afraid to admit it.....

I went to his concert at AWA, one of the best shows ever...he put in 3 solid hours and had the rotating stage business. Neil rules, I would love to party with him, he gets laid by a different chick everyday.

I ain't here to impress anybody, so I don't care if people know I listen to him. Its not like I have a Neil Diamond shrine or go to swinger parties dresssed like him :|

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I went to his concert at AWA, one of the best shows ever...he put in 3 solid hours and had the rotating stage business. Neil rules, I would love to party with him, he gets laid by a different chick everyday.

I ain't here to impress anybody, so I don't care if people know I listen to him. Its not like I have a Neil Diamond shrine or go to swinger parties dresssed like him :|

Oh..I'm also not on here to impress anyone either, so I apologize if I came off wrong....

Besides "Forever In Blue Jeans", what other songs do you like by him? My favorite is "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon."

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife used to knock Neil all the time. People get him mixed up with Barry Manilow for some reason.

I pulled out the 2 cd collection of Neil's greatest hits and the wife couldn't believe the quality of the songs and that he wrote or co-wrote nearly all of his music.

I've seen him 3 times in concert. He simply rocks. He is into the music, into the crowd, into the show. He never mails in a performance. That's likely why they add shows wherever he goes and he has sold out shows for decades.

Saying I'm a Neil fan is way easier than telling everyone that I went to see Hanson with my wife. :D

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
My wife used to knock Neil all the time. People get him mixed up with Barry Manilow for some reason.

Speaking of Barry Manilow, I once posted this message as a joke on another message board...

The Official Barry Manilow Appreciation Thread!
I am appalled that noone on here included this brilliant musical genius among their favorite singer/band ever! He inspired a generation with his mezmerizing sound....I heard many death-metal and hardcore rap bands all secretely idolized his sound style.......

I mean, he once claimed that if you play any of his albums against any other one, that you'd prefer his...... So, I choose Revolver,
Pet Sounds, Sgt. Pepper, any album of Alice-in-Chains or
Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Barry Manilow actually made me see the light! Now, I can't stop listening to the likes of Marvin Hamlisch, John Tesh, Yanni, Kenny G, and David Sanborn... I have expanded my musical horizons soo much, that I regret wasting all my time on the bands I've loved my entire life......That's the sheer impact that Barry Manilow has on me and I had to share it with anyone.... I mean, even one registered member of this Message Board was named after one of his songs, which was "Mandy"....
So, let's all pay homage to the brilliance of Barry Manilow!

this message was brought to you by the official president of the Lawrence Welk fan club!]

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Which c.d.s do you have of both Rancid and Sublime? Which other ska/punk bands do you listen to? What's your opinion on the newest Offspring c.d.?

I have all the Sublime cds. I have Out Come the Wolves and Indestructible of Rancid, plus a lot of downloaded stuff. I own everything off Offspring , except Splinter. Just haven't got around to buying it. Heard good things about it though.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Which other ska/punk bands do you listen to?

When I was in HS I listened to Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, S.O.D., and Anthrax to name a few. As I grow older, I seem to prefer softer stuff like Weezer, Soul Coughing, Jane's Addiction, Ween, MXPX, Gob, Offspring, and The Mad Caddies.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was at that Neil Diamond show.

My wife loves him. I like his songs, I think they are hilarious.

I went and saw Simon and Garfunkel when they came and the Billy Joel/Elton John concert.

I love Classic Rock. I was into alot of harder stuff for awhile but the copycats ruined it.

Funny story, My wife loves Journey so I bought the Journey greatest hits CD for her.

I hate Journey, but on the way to the last Cards game me and my buddies (all wasted) were jamming out to it. I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life.

Then after the game we cranked it up and had the parking lot dying of laughter. Guys pretending it was eighth grade dance night and Journey was rocking!

Power Rock of the Eighties is hilarious!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
The Pogues
The Beatles
Steely Dan

...all of these are getting current heavy rotation in my CD player right now.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Right now it's a mix of;

Catherine Wheel
Stroke 9
Bruce Springsteen
Fuel

Guiltiest pleasure of the moment is Darkness. I can't decide if it's crappy retro 80's hair metal or genius mockery. Either way I can't stop listening.

Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers new cd is excellent.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13

I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm psyched--everything I hear about it is positive.

He'll be in Denver on the 7th of Feb. You might see some drunken posts from me at 2:30 on Sunday morning, February 8th.

ehale911

Veteran
Reaction score
30 Seconds to Mars
Tool
Elton John
Outkast
Marilyn Manson

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13

Wow. They're here Saturday, I think. I know 2 of the Peacemakers...Steve and Danny. I'll have to give them a call. Went to high school with Steve, and made the custom futons for their tour bus and met Danny.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Wow. They're here Saturday, I think. I know 2 of the Peacemakers...Steve and Danny. I'll have to give them a call. Went to high school with Steve, and made the custom futons for their tour bus and met Danny.

That's really cool. I think these guys are on the brink--if you haven't checked out a show you should.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Queen
Prince
Missy Elliot
Mary J. Blige
The Offspring
The Beatles

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a local cover band called T.A.T.E. last night at Flicka's in Scottsdale after the ASU/Oregon game. Really good band, made up of musicians from other local bands like the Chadwicks and Who's Yer Daddy? Did songs by Nickelback, Maroon 5, Cake, S.T.P, etc. Energetic and into each song they do. Decent crowd on a Thurs night too. They play there this Saturday night (tomorrow) also. http://www.tatemusic.com

TrentAZCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Bands that I have been listening to lately are Story of the Year, Authority Zero (Got a pre-release of the new album due out in Spring '04), Static-X, 40 Below Summer and Spineshank (Great band).

Bad news though about my band if anyone cares. After Epic dropped us, we kind of just broke up. I live back in Arizona now, and am looking for a new band! heh...peace out.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Authority Zero is one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They're one of the main reasons my friends and I decided to put our band back together and give it another try last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson