What are you watching?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I’m in need of a recommendation for a new show to watch/binge. Just finished Banshee, which was great.

What are you guys watching now? I’m in to pretty much everything. Sci-fi, action, foreign. Before Banshee, I finished up Peaky Blinders, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, and Turn.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in need of a recommendation for a new show to watch/binge. Just finished Banshee, which was great.

What are you guys watching now? I’m in to pretty much everything. Sci-fi, action, foreign. Before Banshee, I finished up Peaky Blinders, Altered Carbon, The Expanse, and Turn.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80158319

Evil Genius

It's a miniseries on Netflix. Crazy story from my hometown.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Loved Banshee.

Currently working on That 70's Show, Two and a Half Men, What We Do in the Shadows, and a rewatch of Lost, The Walking Dead and The Sopranos. This is my first rewatch all the way through The Sopranos, so I'm having a blast.

Started Dark on netflix when I'm on the bike trainer. Looks like an interesting show.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mary Tyler Moore.

We are up to Season 5.

In the middle of this apparent apocolypse, we find it very relaxing. No one is wearing masks. There is no dictator. They joke about Richard Nixon. Nothing is on fire and there is no smoke in the air. Lou keeps a bottle in his desk. Rhoda is charming. Mary always has a great attitude. They all remind me of my mom and her friends when I was little. The worse thing that happens is that Ted is a real ass.

One of the best shows, ever. Highly recommend!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
3 of the best ever shows of all time. Far from boring.
Yeah not boring. I’ll probably watch all 3 shows from start to finish eventually. I have great memories of watching mash with my grandma.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doom Patrol. Surprisingly fun. Irreverent with a bouncy pace for what’s kinda dark subject matter.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fringe since you like sci-fi (available for free on IMDB, or it’s also on Amazon Prime). It’s so underrated and I wish more people watched it when it was on.

If you like fun/light comedies, I love Schitt’s Creek. I will forever and ever and ever love Parks & Recreation. I also like Brooklyn 99 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

For drama/action, I just binged The Americans and it was pretty good. Slow sometimes but definitely interesting most times.

WATCH FRINGE

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fringe since you like sci-fi (available for free on IMDB, or it’s also on Amazon Prime). It’s so underrated and I wish more people watched it when it was on.

If you like fun/light comedies, I love Schitt’s Creek. I will forever and ever and ever love Parks & Recreation. I also like Brooklyn 99 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

For drama/action, I just binged The Americans and it was pretty good. Slow sometimes but definitely interesting most times.

WATCH FRINGE
Just starting season 5 of Fringe.

Best part of the show IMO is the Astrid/Walter dynamic.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just starting season 5 of Fringe.

Best part of the show IMO is the Astrid/Walter dynamic.
They had a fun dynamic for sure. I particularly loved their relationship in season 4 because Walter was a bit more edgier and mouthy which made for some fun bickering. Like when he asked Astrid via video com to check the patient’s anus, haha.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

WATCH FRINGE
Parks and Rec was awesome. I miss that show. So many great characters.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They had a fun dynamic for sure. I particularly loved their relationship in season 4 because Walter was a bit more edgier and mouthy which made for some fun bickering. Like when he asked Astrid via video com to check the patient’s anus, haha.
My favorite episode of the series is in season 4, and it just happened to be the one where alternate Astrid came over to the other side.

And then in the 2nd to last episode when she finally showed some of her FBI agent skills before getting<blank>.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If you grew up in the 80's then you probably spent as much time as I did perfecting the unstoppable Crane Kick in your pool. Karate Kid was a staple of my childhood. Now, warp ahead nearly 40 years and you get the show Cobra Kai.

I can't pinpoint why it worked for me, I can just tell you it had me hook, line, and sinker.

Johnny plays the anti-hero to perfection as the audience gets bathed in a world of grey. The writers did an excellent job of portraying "that guy" who never mentally escaped high school. I couldn't stop rooting for Johnny to get his life together.

I especially loved the episode when one of Danny's old buddies deals with cancer. Redeeming a whole group of bad guys from my childhood was incredibly satisfying.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top of the Lake.

https://www.hulu.com/series/top-of-the-lake-0349a362-71d0-400f-9a7b-ba73e3a9e090

Set in a remote mountain town in New Zealand in the first season, second season in Sydney.
Motherhood, misogyny, rapists, pimps, cheats, and murderers.

This is a great show. I watched it a couple of years ago and thinking about watching it again. Luckily my memory is bad and I forgot who dun it.

Any of the Nordic Noir shows are good. There's a ton of them. Just finished a couple series of them set in Iceland

Delhi Crime is decent too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose