What are you reading now?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Nice. I'm 43 now and my wife's grandfather was on the USS Sheridan and remembers most of the pacific fleet engagements. He's like a walking History channel episode. He was the driver that took the troops to shore during the first stages of the battle and it's striking to listen to him talk about the coral reef at Tarawa or the total insanity he witnessed at Pelelieu.

He's 97 now and I take every moment I can get to talk to him. I actually got a hold of the mayor of his town last year when he turned 97 and got a proclamation naming Sept 27th as Sam Graveno Day. It was priceless for my wife's family to see that.

With all of that being said...... I tend to devour WW2 content, and anything that occurred in the pacific.

Also..... Have you seen these? I may buy one. https://battlearchives.com/collections
That's a cool website.

Jeez, what a great story. You're lucky to know someone that was there. My grandpa was an airplane mechanic in WW2 and Korea, but he never talked about it. The only time we ever spoke about his time there is when I was doing a research paper for school. Then he was like a completely different person.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm reading The Fifth to Die by J.D. Barker currently. Not my favorite genre to read, but Barker's a solid writer and a cool dude. He used to live in Pittsburgh and attend/present at one of my writing groups.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first book I have not finished in 50+ years. Turrible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211