What’s Worse?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being a Wildcats fan knowing full well your team sucks and having no expectations to win?

Bring a Sun Devils fan, having a talented roster with, theoretically, better coaching and wasted expectations of big victories?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what Herm has brought to the table... other than such Herm "wisdom" as "You play to win the game" or "The team that scores the most points usually wins the game" or "Football is a game that is usually played on a football field."

I'm not seeing the difference between where we are now from where we were under other coaching mediocrities like Graham, Erickson, and Koetter. Herm seems to be phoning it in most Saturdays just like those guys often did.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Being a Wildcats fan knowing full well your team sucks and having no expectations to win?

Bring a Sun Devils fan, having a talented roster with, theoretically, better coaching and wasted expectations of big victories?

The vast majority of us UofA fans are desensitized to the outcome of this season. The damage is done and it’s going to take a few recruiting cycles to be bowl eligible again. It’s a sideshow until we get to basketball season.

I’ve said this to many ASU fans over the years - it’s time to considerably lower your expectations for the football team. The “Sleeping Giant” moniker has persisted for so many years that it’s just a silly joke at this point. There are alum who reflect on the Rose Bowl teams and would get angry at me, but the reality is that USC is going to be a powerhouse once again in short order, Utah will always be a solid team that’s a thorn in ASU’s side, and UCLA will improve; whereas, ASU is going to have the NCAA to deal with for a few years (trust me, I know).

Reaction score
We were driving home late Saturday night and I couldn't find the ASU game on my XM so was trying to follow the Gamecast on my phone. The second half we kept waiting to see ASU score but it never happened. Very frustrating! The Devils are right on the edge of stringing together some great wins and jumping up in the top 10 slip up here and there when we think it's going to happen. I'll remain optimistic, or else watching college football loses it's enjoyment and excitement. they just seem to get complacent some games and I think that's what happened the second half. Still a lot of football to go and Saturdays to look forward to!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This year at least, as discouraging as the Utah loss was, we will still probably route U of A and end up with a decent record and a bowl game. So I think it is worse to be Wildcat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson