What’s the best way to use Isaiah Simmons?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can talk about the 3-4 or the 4-3 or whatevs but one thing Keim was consistent in was drafting these hybrid defensive players that that could essentially plug and play in not only multiple positions but also multiple schemes

I believe Simmons to be in that hybrid category

So again, I'd wait and see which head coach we hire and get their opinion on Isaiah first before resigning or trading

I think Flores could absolutely utilize Simmons
I firmly believe Flores would turn Simmons into a PB version of Kyle Van Noy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally in that post you quoted, I know you see me post on why it’s understandable & fair for Kyler slander. That’s no defense at all. Ain’t no lack of self-awareness. Cool it with the habit of fighting a narrative that isn’t there.
You really have no clue how you come off in these discussions. One throw away line every once in a while doesn’t counter the mountain of posts that bash those who question Kyler, lay the overwhelming blame on Kliff (without giving Simmons the same out with VJ) and you even going so far to imply a lot of the posters are racist. All of that and more has created the narrative. Not me.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I still can’t believe there are some posters who think Simmons is capable of replicating and playing like this above…. I don’t see it and I still kinda like him…. @DVontel is spot on slamming the comparison each time it comes up.
Honestly just a complete disservice to how truly elite Micah is on the field believing Simmons can replicate that type of play.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You really have no clue how you come off in these discussions. One throw away line every once in a while doesn’t counter the mountain of posts that bash those who question Kyler, lay the overwhelming blame on Kliff (without giving Simmons the same out with VJ) and you even going so far to imply a lot of the posters are racist. All of that and more has created the narrative. Not me.
I know that I find it impressive that you continuously build upon your habit of constant narrative making that isn’t there. Hell, you somehow built another made-up narrative “and you even going so far to imply a lot of the posters are racist“ in this same exact post that you denied of a previous narrative being made-up by you.

Stop acting like I’m some blind jackass.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He’s a pass rushing outside linebacker that would also be great blitzing the A gap. He can cover a RB or TE. He has no business period ever covering a WR. He is not a DB and Vance Joseph using him as one just shows how stupid he really is.
100% agree

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Does anyone know?

From what I’ve watched, he can’t shed blocks, can’t man cover anything that requires a turn, can’t rush off the edge unless unblocked, etc.

What has Vance made him do that is so different from college? If he has AT ALL?

Elaborate without using the Reddick cop-out.
Looks like we found the best way to use him...as trade bait

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Martindale is a creative coach for sure, but he may find out that Simmons may do a lot of things, but he's not great at any of them. He's especially poor in open space, which means he's never going to be a great linebacker per se. Martindale's D creates confusion, and that may be Simmons best chance at success. As a Syracuse fan, I watched a lot of ACC football. Initially, I thought Simmons made a lot of shoestring tackles because of his length & wingspan. Turns out, many of those shoestring tackles came as a result of him being faked out in the open field and him just being a superior athlete to recover. In the NFL, those shoestring tackles have become mostly missed tackles.