What’s a prospect that has been mocked to us you really don’t want?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Honestly, I would rank 3 other OT prospects not even mentioned here before Jackson.

I hope to God that’s not our 2nd round target if we don’t go OL 1st round.
I like Jones also. And a ton of interior guys before him as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again,

We just aren't seeing the same thing I guess.

Becton's 40 doesn't translate to the LT position. Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills all had better combines IMO. But..... Tomato vs. tomato.

I would rank them (for the Cards):

Wirfs
Wills
Thomas
Becton

As prospects overall:
Thomas
Wirfs
Wills
<Insert huge grand canyon sized divide>
Becton
Jackson

Not judging Becton on his 40 LOL!

His 40 DOES show he isnt a fat bastard. He moved better than Thomas, just like the tape shows. 17% body fat at 365! He is a freak of nature. At #8, I want freaks of nature.

Wirfs had the best workout. If the Cardinals go OL this is my list:

1. Wirfs; natural RT. Elite athlete.

2. Becton; no LT candidate in over a decade has had his physical traits. Like @Chopper0080 stated in another thread and provided examples, guys like Becton are not a sure thing, but they succeed more often than not.

3. Wills; again, RT which doesnt have to move. I like his tape a little bit less.

4. Thomas; slow feet on pass sets and extends too much, but a smart blocker who really blocks well at the second level. LONG arms. I think he could be an elite LG with his ability to get to the second level and block LBs and DBs.

All four are athletic and accomplished in their own rights, but physically Wirfs and Becton really stood out.

Dont be shocked to see Becton go first. Also dont be shocked to see Thomas be the FIFTH drafted tackle, as some teams really like Ezra Cleveland as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
More nasty? Many of the profiles on him say he's extremely aggressive, even in pass pro. Some even say so much so as to sometimes cause him problems.

Aggressively gets out to block, but he paddy cakes people and doesnt put people in the dirt. That's what nasty means.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again,

Becton's 40 doesn't translate to the LT position. Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills all had better combines IMO. But..... Tomato vs. tomato.

Wirfs
Wills
Thomas
Becton

As prospects overall:
Thomas
Wirfs
Wills
Becton
Jackson

From TDN:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/andrew-thomas/eGlH3R2cHb

Pass Blocking - Love how he brings the fight in pass protection. Has exciting moments of framing blocks, leveraging his hips and keeping rushers at the end of his reach. There are times with twitchier rushers where he can give up a step and he gets top heavy when recovering, leaving his feet behind. Has some erratic moments reaching his set points, particularly on vertical sets and he fails to get enough depth. Has some room for growth but his peaks are outstanding and he has the physical gifts to improve

Feet - Has the foot speed needed to win. I wouldn’t call him an explosive mover and he can struggle to keep pace up the arc with speed off the edge so cleaning up his pass sets is necessary. Has to be more consistent with his feet when rushers gain a step instead of being so reliant on his upper body to recover. Love how he keeps his feet engaged in the run game.

Watch his feet when he is pass blocking. You'll see them a second late when he is mirroring the rusher. He can get away with this in college, but pro rushers will get around him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again,

Wirfs
Wills
Thomas
Becton

As prospects overall:
Thomas
Wirfs
Wills
Becton
Jackson

Becton
Josh Jones
Niang
(huge earth sized chasm)
Jackson

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You can’t discount Thomas (I think Becton is gone) because of DJ. There’s a 50/50 chance he stays healthy for 16 games again. Wirfs is a better prospect but Thomas has more experience on the left side. On the flip side you can argue Murray with a year under his belt here would be more reliable than Thomas at RT at least right away. I’m super sketchy on Murray too.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ve stated previously, but what are your reservations on Jeudy? Thanks
Actually I think Jeudy will be a good NFL receiver. It’s just I don’t see anyone ahead of the Cards picking Lamb. If we take Jeudy that means Keim chose hi over Lamb. I think that’s a mistake.
If I had to pick someone I’m not sure succeeds, I’d say Jedrick Wills. I think he lacks the killer instinct I like.

I know the social media deal was misdirected to me. So you know, I’m anti-social, so I don’t do Facebook or Twitter.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niang in 3 years span:

No sacks allowed
0 false starts
Just 2 hurries

Held his own vs both Bosa & Young in 2018. He fits this offense the best out of the rest of the OL class, too.
I'm really liking what I read about Niang.

If we go WR in the 1st then someone like him would be a good get in the 2nd. Will he still be there at our selection?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really liking what I read about Niang.

If we go WR in the 1st then someone like him would be a good get in the 2nd. Will he still be there at our selection?

I'm not convinced he will be. I feel confident he goes before Jackson, maybe even before Jones.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually I think Jeudy will be a good NFL receiver. It’s just I don’t see anyone ahead of the Cards picking Lamb. If we take Jeudy that means Keim chose hi over Lamb. I think that’s a mistake.
If I had to pick someone I’m not sure succeeds, I’d say Jedrick Wills. I think he lacks the killer instinct I like.

I know the social media deal was misdirected to me. So you know, I’m anti-social, so I don’t do Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks for the feedback Harry! I have Jeudy slightly ahead because I think he is more sudden when he makes his breaks. Lamb still able to create separation though.

Wills is my highest graded OT in the last five years, so unfortunately I’m not seeing the same as you there either, but that’s what makes this fun!

ps.. Not sure about your social media comment... Was that meant for me?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Derrick Brown is starting to worry me now that I’ve watched some film. He has inconsistent motor. Big DTs nowadays already make me nervous. I would have to be completely sold on his drive and work ethic to take him top ten. Unfortunately I don’t think I will get a chance to interview him prior lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Derrick Brown is starting to worry me now that I’ve watched some film. He has inconsistent motor. Big DTs nowadays already make me nervous. I would have to be completely sold on his drive and work ethic to take him top ten. Unfortunately I don’t think I will get a chance to interview him prior lol

Every DT in history has an inconsistent motor. I like Brown but I do question his upside as complete tackle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave