Well, Dockett is gone

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pshhhh He isnt going anywhere. And if he somehow(under contract) does it was time to start grooming a replacement anyway the dude is 33 next year.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of your teammates told me.--- I gave it away fam. Done

One of his teammates needs to drive to his house and take his phone away.

Fabulous. Sounds like they've demoralized the guy who WANTED the name Birdgang to mean something.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Fabulous. Sounds like they've demoralized the guy who WANTED the name Birdgang to mean something.

Life's rough, when you play on a team sport you play as a team, toodles to him.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's always embarrassing when Cards fans start eating their young like this.

Team first, goes for fans and players and coaches.

It's not eating your own to call someone out for being a dork.

He can stay if he wants, he just has to stop being a dork and apologize and move on, he seems like he's the one that wants to leave if he does good riddance if he wants to stay and admit what he did was wrong and own up to it, that's fine too.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always embarrassing when Cards fans start eating their young like this.

Eating their young? LOL

Its a fact we need a replacement in the wings for DD.. The dude isnt young anymnore and sooner rather than later will hit the age wall.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is a disaster. It reminds me of 1995, Buddy's last season when I tried to quit being a Cardinals fan. The only ones I can remember being worse are 2003 and 2000, when we were completely hopeless on both sides of the ball.

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why do people think that because he is under contract that he won't be traded? People would love to have his services. I think he would be a better fit with a 4-3 team. Sounds to me like his days are numbered here.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
While liking what DD has done for the Cards over the years IMO Dockett is now a draft day trade out of AZ.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whisenhunt sat players for extended periods of time who did far less than disobeying a coach's call and starting a fight with a teammate. I wonder what he does with DD.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Why do people think that because he is under contract that he won't be traded? People would love to have his services. I think he would be a better fit with a 4-3 team. Sounds to me like his days are numbered here.

He is a better fit for a 4-3 D as the under DT. That's part of his frustration now.

And he still has a good 3-4 yrs. left in the tank easily.

It's interesting that Horton came out and made it a point to say it was him that ordered the D to stand down. Dockett must have thought it was Wiz' order to ignore.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have no problem with trading him. He is 33 and probably doesn't have much left in the tank. These are the guys you look to trade while they still have value.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have no problem with trading him. He is 33 and probably doesn't have much left in the tank. These are the guys you look to trade while they still have value.

Born: 5/27/1981

31 will be 32 in May, and has played without major injury for 9 years.

Haven't seen anything to indicate the tank is anywhere near empty.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Born: 5/27/1981

31 will be 32 in May, and has played without major injury for 9 years.

Haven't seen anything to indicate the tank is anywhere near empty.

Yeah I agree. I'm about as happy trading Dockett as I would be trading Fitz. No way do you do it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no idea what happens with Dockett, but I cant' say I am surprised. My biggest complaint with him, and a lot of our veteran players is when the going gets tough, they get theirs. Dansby, Rolle, Dockett and to a small extent Boldin have all been this way at times. Its not a trait that I love in players, but this is one reason I have never seen any of these players as legitimate leaders on this team. Leaders don't go against the plays coaches call. They may disagree, but in the end, that should be a private conversation later. Leaders don't blast the team publicly, they choose the right venue to let go of their frustrations.

For any on this board to say Dockett has not been one hell of a player and would not be missed if they traded him are kidding themselves. He has been an impact player on this team since day 1. But just because he is a good player doesn't that he shouldn't be held accountable for these tantrums when they occur. Hopefully this all gets worked out and he retires as a Cardinal, but if it doesn't, we just have to suck it up and try to find the best option to replace his production.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I have said it all along- Maybe he'll fake an injury on an internet shower while manipulating for a new early contract right before he disappears- I have grown to like DD but have never trusted him with the Cards rep- He'll turn on birdgang in a moment- and he can eat motre than most cardinal fans relize-

But whiz is even worse- He has not developed any players - just destroyed their marketability- careers- They say one thing and sign somewhere else- Poor Fitz knows every bit of this and may very well pick the next GM-HC.

Last edited:

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score

Sadly, it doesnt mean that much. Check the trending line on twitter and the Eagles, Ravens and Falcons have been saying #birdgang for awhile too.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave