Welcome Ty Jerome

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Yuma, Jun 20, 2019.

1. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

And they still have nobody to get them the ball or to create open shots for them, so what's the point?

2. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Absolutely love this pick. He was who I wanted at #6 (knowing full well he'd be available later, but the best of non-top 3, IMHO)

SirStefan32 likes this.
  3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I highly doubt any of the college PGs coming out this year would be any better....which means free agency or trades are the only way to fix PG.

4. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

My point is that if the Suns have no plan in place to acquire someone who can facilitate as needed for the spot-up shooters to be effective, and it's clear they don't, then acquiring the spot-up shooters is pointless and useless.

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

How can you say the Suns don't have a plan when you don't know?

6. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Because there are no indications they are going to do anything other than have Tyler Johnson start with their motley crew of question marks backing him up.

7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Free agency hasn't even started. All we are hearing are media types who seem to be guessing. The Suns threw them for a loop on draft night.

8. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Big and strong for his position, mediocre athlete, incredibly gifted passer and shooter as well as handles. Basketball IQ off the charts. Works hard on D but will have some deficiencies due to limited athleticism.

Oh, you thought I was talking about Jerome? No, I was talking about the 2019 rookie of the year.

Just reminds that there are a number of stars who are incredibly skilled players in the league with limited athleticism.

Steph Curry
    Luka Doncic
    Even James Harden.

I want to see Ty play. He could fail, but he is a different type of prospect than we have had in the past.

CardsSunsDbacks and Chaplin like this.
  9. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

In terms of athleticism, Ty Jerome makes Curry, Doncic and Harden look like Shawn Marion.

10. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

In Harden's defense, his acceleration metrics (start/stop) are beyond elite, some of the best ever measured.

11. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

Making moves to create cap space. If you are not going to fill out some kind of plan, why would you need to make cap space?

12. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Don't be ridiculous. Shawn Marion could jump out of the gym and no matter how limited Jerome is he doesn't make any of those players look like that.

13. myrondizzo

myrondizzo Registered

Based on what numbers? Curry is .1 sec faster in agility and .12 in the 3/4 sprint.
    It's about the same same for harden. Doncic didn't test.

The closest combine numbers I could find were from Damian Lillard. .05 sec on the agility test and .06 on the 3/4 sprint.

Not that he's going to end up as good as any of these players, but their lack of athleticism hasn't prevented them from preforming at a high level, so why would it prevent him.

Hoop Head and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  14. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

For the same reason cost-cutting moves were made in the past...

15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head SeƱor Caca Cabeza Contributor

Nice find. I'm surprised Lillard tested so low. I know he wasn't a highly regarded college player but he's been one of the top PG's for years now. Just by watching him play I wouldn't question his athleticism, unlike the other names mentioned like Curry and Harden where it's a little more obvious that they lack some athleticism.

Damn shame that Portland keeps overachieving. I thought they were on the verge of blowing things up ever since Aldridge left but they keep improving. Cashing in all assets we had for Lillard after they got swept out of the 1st round in 2018 would have worked for both sides, I think. We could have kept the pick that was Ayton but given up the Heat picks, Buck pick, and a pick of our own, giving them 4 1st's as well as Jackson when he still had value. They'll probably blow it up next year when we finally add a PG longterm.