Welcome Ty Jerome

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
At the college level, I concur. The problem is whether his game, given his lack of athleticism, can translate to the NBA.
The question isn’t whether it “can” translate as we have seen unathletic players do just fine in the NBA. The question is whether or not he has enough IQ and craftiness to off set the athleticism. That is what we will have to wait and see on.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question isn’t whether it “can” translate as we have seen unathletic players do just fine in the NBA. The question is whether or not he has enough IQ and craftiness to off set the athleticism. That is what we will have to wait and see on.
We will also have some other young players, so he might be able to play, but not well enough to get time ahead of Jevon Carter--for instance.

I do think Okobo is done here though. He is a second round pick. He has potential, but you cannot just keep hanging onto marginal players with promise. They have to show something, or the team needs to move on to the next candidate.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that he was just average in the athletic department. Or is he below average? If he has average athleticism I don’t see a problem. Tons of athletic freaks out there that are complete Garbage, Chriss and Jackson come to mind right away.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that he was just average in the athletic department. Or is he below average? If he has average athleticism I don’t see a problem. Tons of athletic freaks out there that are complete Garbage, Chriss and Jackson come to mind right away.

In terms of the combine, he was one of the worst all time in terms of athleticism measurables.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I would say he is below average. Not necessarily bottom of the league, but definitely below average.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there are two criticisms that people exaggerate about players its lack of athleticism and bad defense. "Hoooorible D" "can't guard a chair". It sounds intelligent to be extreme. It just is rarely accurate.

That said, Jerome tested fairly low at the combine. Now understand, no one tested horribly at the combine, but in comparison-- Cam Johnson beat him in every category except the shuttle run. However, his game is not built on athleticism. It is built on craftiness. We will see if it translates. I think it might.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
If there are two criticisms that people exaggerate about players its lack of athleticism and bad defense. "Hoooorible D" "can't guard a chair". It sounds intelligent to be extreme. It just is rarely accurate.

That said, Jerome tested fairly low at the combine. Now understand, no one tested horribly at the combine, but in comparison-- Cam Johnson beat him in every category except the shuttle run. However, his game is not built on athleticism. It is built on craftiness. We will see if it translates. I think it might.
I hope so, the combine can be useful, but it isn’t the all of be all’s. Anybody think of any other players who have performed poorly at the combine but have had solid careers so far?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the rookie survey that was sent to players, 1 player selected Steve Nash as their favorite player in the league currently. That player was Ty Jerome.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If that was true, then EVERY guy that played against him would have scored like 50 a game. If you are that bad, guys will set records against you. That did not happen.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score