Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It might be a foreshadowing of two sides here. We either are the stomped on remnants of a footprint after this series, or we leave and make our own.. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am starting a petition to rename Chase Field.....Hand Field. That way both of the venues can go Hand and Foot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd worst name here ever no matter what it means. #1 is still Waste Management Phoenix open.

Both names are garbage so to speak.

University of Phoenix Stadium deserves an honorable mention at the least. After more than a decade of complaining about playing in a college stadium the Cardinals sell the naming rights to a college? That was such a classic Cardinals move. Not to mention they turned down Pink Taco Stadium to go that route.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
University of Phoenix Stadium deserves an honorable mention at the least. After more than a decade of complaining about playing in a college stadium the Cardinals sell the naming rights to a college? That was such a classic Cardinals move. Not to mention they turned down Pink Taco Stadium to go that route.
Pink Taco was never an option - that was just a marketing ploy for them to get recognition for their restaurant

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed it being called Phoenix Suns Arena lately because I usually just say [Team]’s arena or stadium. Or in the Suns’ case we can channel Al McCoy and call it the Purple Palace.

I support the cause but this doesn’t sound any better than any corporate sponsor name, and worse than some.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Absolute Zero

I know you support pro-environmental behavior. Do you feel good about the Suns renaming their arena the Footprint Center and what the company represents?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best stadium/arena rights name of all time? The pioneer, the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, back in the Lakers' prime days. Great Western Bank bought the rights for $1m/year, creating the "Great Western Forum". That name just works for everybody involved. Pretty sure they were the first to sell naming rights, then it caught fire.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suns lose this dear god help this board lol.... omfg soooo nervous done 4 green hits so far lol

We are the valley Play with your heart soul suns!!!! Gms of your careers

Go suns

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could give a sheet what the name is. I’d still watch them win or lose. But this group better get it this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose