Welcome back Markus Golden. 2 year deal

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am skeptical regarding Reddick but it is frustrating having so many busted draft picks and when one finally looks like he could pay off, we decide to let him go.

uh... yeah. Teams don’t generally get better by letting the only draft pick in the last four years on D to make a real impact walk out the door.

they don’t generally get better letting their best and youngest impact player on the D the year before walk either.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, that feels like saying, “I really don’t like super fishy fish, but it was so cheap I decided to choke it down anyway, it can’t be that bad [gagging]”

Yeah, not that bad of an analogy. I want someone with more speed and natural pass rush ability, but we can't afford a free agent like that with our other needs, and we can't afford to spend the draft capital either, so he is a decent stopgap for the price.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if they tried the “take away the one game” negotiations with his agent.

the whole “take away the . . . “ argument is the dumbest argument I see on sports boards. It happened. It’s a fact.

3 years and 15 games

or

1 game

“keep at all cost” yeah no

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
uh... yeah. Teams don’t generally get better by letting the only draft pick in the last four years on D to make a real impact walk out the door.

they don’t generally get better letting their best and youngest impact player on the D the year before walk either.

Budda Baker was a better pick than Reddick in the same draft. If we’d just picked up the 5th year option on Reddick people would’ve squealed because he’d been such a bust to this point.

He was playing significant snaps at OLB in 2019 to give him something to do and he didn’t produce. He has no pass rush moves. IMO he’s very replaceable and people are just being mad.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Budda Baker was a better pick than Reddick in the same draft. If we’d just picked up the 5th year option on Reddick people would’ve squealed because he’d been such a bust to this point.

He was playing significant snaps at OLB in 2019 to give him something to do and he didn’t produce. He has no pass rush moves. IMO he’s very replaceable and people are just being mad.

right you can’t ignore the fact this dude has been given plenty of opportunities over the last 3 years and 15 games and hasn’t produced

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
GREAT SIGNING! All this guy has done is produce. Complain all you want, he plays hard, puts pressure on the QB, and gives us an attitude. Last time we lined him up opposite Chandler is worked.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I suppose we’ll see. I sincerely hope we have an outside backer opposite CJ that gives us 12.5 sacks this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
right you can’t ignore the fact this dude has been given plenty of opportunities over the last 3 years and 15 games and hasn’t produced
A) He wasn’t drafted to be an edge rusher even though that’s what he excelled at in college.
B) you’re right, he would’ve been a gamble. But you’re choosing to ignore 12.5 sacks LAST YEAR and the fact he had like top three TFL in league last year. Seems silly to rely on the previous three years instead of what he did lately.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

....Talking about the last 2 games of the season?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A) He wasn’t drafted to be an edge rusher even though that’s what he excelled at in college.
B) you’re right, he would’ve been a gamble. But you’re choosing to ignore 12.5 sacks LAST YEAR and the fact he had like top three TFL in league last year. Seems silly to rely on the previous three years instead of what he did lately.
And I find it silly to rely on a guy suddenly emerging in his contract year that was nothing but garbage up until that moment.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thread is amazing.

I can see it now.

Reddick is killing it on his new team while Watt continues to battle injuries & Chandler of old is gone.

A bunch of “Well who could’ve seen this coming???” posts will pop up

Meanwhile, Golden just bit on another option keeper.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thread is amazing.

I can see it now.

Reddick is killing it on his new team while Watt continues to battle injuries & Chandler of old is gone.

A bunch of “Well who could’ve seen this coming???” posts will pop up

Meanwhile, Golden just bit on another option keeper.
And I can see it now.

Reddick isn't playing like Lawrence Taylor much less Calvin Pace for his new team, and people have to be reminded they acted like we gave up the NFL's next surefire superstar in March.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I suppose we’ll see. I sincerely hope we have an outside backer opposite CJ that gives us 12.5 sacks this year.
If Chandler has 12.5 sacks next year, Golden has 8 and Gardeck and a draft
Pick combine for 7 it’s not really going to matter, will it?

the Cards OLBs weren’t going to combine for 30 sacks in 2021.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so, Gardeck is going to come back from a late season ACL, a Keim rookie is going to contribute enough to maybe get 3.5 sacks and Golden is going to have his third best season in the league, considering his track record is a sterling 4 sacks, 12.5 sacks, 2.5 sacks, 10 sacks, 4.5 sacks in seasons where he's actually been healthy?

I guess we'll just to wait and see if the pupu platter of pass rushers we just signed will be successful or if Reddick was a one year wonder soon enough.

not that anyone bashing Reddick right now would ever admit to being wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That’s why I wanted to tag him. Let’s see it another year.
Reasonable enough. Probably would have happened in any other year, but with the cap the way it is, I think this team is better as a whole with Golden playing reasonably well and another player, vs. $15m tied up in waiting to see if Reddick was a mirage or not.

not that anyone bashing Reddick right now would ever admit to being wrong.
I don't really see anyone bashing Reddick in this thread, I see a lot of people who aren't reacting like Reddick is the second coming. Keeping Reddick at a reasonable cost would probably have been most's first choice, but it's just not worth losing sleep over the difference between these two guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Eh without chandler jones didn’t they give us 23 last year?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reasonable enough. Probably would have happened in any other year, but with the cap the way it is, I think this team is better as a whole with Golden playing reasonably well and another player, vs. $15m tied up in waiting to see if Reddick was a mirage or not.

I don't really see anyone bashing Reddick in this thread, I see a lot of people who aren't reacting like Reddick is the second coming. Keeping Reddick at a reasonable cost would probably have been most's first choice, but it's just not worth losing sleep over the difference between these two guys.

lol... okay. no difference losing a guy who was 3rd in total TFL last year and high in pressures versus Golden who is nowhere clear in sacks, tackles for loss and can get fooled by a misdirection play by a pop warner team.

and it's always good for a defense to keep aging and getting slower. Bang up blueprint for success.

and again, no one is saying pay Reddick 15 million. STOP FREAKING LYING. Jesus Christ, some of you guys are ridiculously pathteic in the specious way you make your arguments. Transition tag was 13 - give me Reddick and his upside over Kennard (or whatever trash Lions LB we paid for last year)/Golden and change any day of the week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Where are we spending that $15M elsewhere? So far it’s not the top offensive linemen...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol... okay. no difference losing a guy who was 3rd in total TFL last year and high in pressures versus Golden who is nowhere clear in sacks, tackles for loss and can get fooled by a misdirection play by a pop warner team.

and it's always good for a defense to keep aging and getting slower. Bang up blueprint for success.

and again, no one is saying pay Reddick 15 million. STOP FREAKING LYING. Jesus Christ, some of you guys are ridiculously pathteic in the specious way you make your arguments. Transition tag was 13 - give me Reddick and his upside over Kennard (or whatever trash Lions LB we paid for last year)/Golden and change any day of the week.

Not at that price, thanks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Run me his stats for the other 15 games and let me know if that a guy that deserves a tag and the money that comes with it.

I responded to a guy saying we need to keep him “at all cost”

so like I said tell me his stats for the other 15 games and let me know if you can’t live without him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave