Weird internet deal at home

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the 3rd time in 2 weeks a wired device lost connection and I had to completely redo it. First it was my Nest cameras, they just would not get the wifi back even though the wifi was on. I had to delete both cameras and manually reinstall them before they worked again.

Then I had an issue a laptop losing the wifi and making me re-enter the password.

Just now my girlfriend reported the Roku in the bedroom had no internet connection, in this case I actually had to reboot the Xfinity gateway. It makes no sense, our phones never lose wifi, the desktop never loses internet(ethernet) and in this case the roku in the bedroom lost it but the amazon fire stick about 5 feet away(other side of the bedroom wall) still had wifi.

Any idea what could be causing this?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help you because I have the same situation. My DirecTv HD receiver drops the internet constantly. I have to reset it with default gateway and it works for a few days and drops it again. I've tried static and dynamic IPs, nothing works. Reset always sets device to 10.0.0.20. All phones, tablets etc work with no problem. Directv support says it's Xfinity, Xfinity says its DirecTv. Maddening.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA