BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird drop off for Zaven Collins this week after playing 50% last week

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It appeared that Zaven Collins hurt his shoulder making a tackle on one of the first few defensive snaps. That might have affected his availability for the rest of the game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Starters pulled at the end which led to some peeps getting snaps they normally wouldn't.

Kirk getting 85% of snaps is new. Not sure if they limited personnel packages to help limit confusion.

Conner getting 13 more snaps than Edmonds was also new.

Another interesting wrinkle was that our RB with the most snaps only got 55%. Outsnapped by Rondale Moore.

Simmons getting 100% of snaps is nice to see. He needs the reps as he is still learning.

Zaven Collins got 16 snaps (27%) in another blowout win. I don't want to harsh the buzz so I will leave that here.

Gardeck played 2 more snaps than Collins.

Jordan Phillips made the most of his 21 snaps. (36%) 35% to 45% is probably his window.

Love seeing Fotu almost getting 50% of snaps. He is another guy who is still learning.

Kennard and Golden did work in Jones absence. Not the same but also not the extreme drop off I was expecting.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edmonds is banged up and Conner ran well, so I'm sure they limited him to he safe. I'd be ok if they held him until the Green Bay game since it's on a short week.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what it looked like to me and I didn’t see him much after that play.

Was Lawrence hurt? He was barely in.
Per Urban:
-- Injury-wise, there were non-Covid issues. Defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence left the game with a calf injury, something that bears watching if Zach Allen and Peters can't come back this week. Tight end Darrell Daniels left with a hamstring, but Zach Ertz is on deck. And linebacker Kylie Fitts also left the game.
...dave

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what it looked like to me and I didn’t see him much after that play.

Was Lawrence hurt? He was barely in.

They said he had a calf injury or something like that he did play so it likely happened in the game

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Zaven flashed early I thought. Really surprised at only 16, but did he hurt his shoulder on the big hit on Hunt?
I just think we are in a similar position to last year and it is what it is. I am not going to focus on it but I can't not acknowledge it either.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I just think we are in a similar position to last year and it is what it is. I am not going to focus on it but I can't not acknowledge it either.
This year is easier to handle imo. With the way Simmons and Hicks are playing, there is only so many snaps you can go 3 ILB. Last year with Simmons it was a different story.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hicks had his best game as a Cardinal.

I think with a 6-0 record and the way Hicks has been leading this defense, I'm not concerned with Collins right now.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After Zaven laid that big hit on Hunt (I think), he was shaking his arm out like he had a stinger & he came out of the game. I think they kept him out the rest of the game as a precaution.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member