Week 21 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/29/23-06/04/23

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Collins was not a middle LB in college. He played OLB in a 3-3. He was off-ball, but he was still outside. More similar to an OLB in a 4-3 than an ILB in any scheme.
i think we all have learned: playing inside linebacker takes a unique or not easily learned skill set -- so many things happening at once from different directions.

I read somewhere that a lot of offensive football play design is about getting either the inside linebacker or the safety (or both) to take steps in the wrong direction.

Reddick, Simmons and Collins. Three drafts in five years where the team projected a player into a very hard to learn position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i think we all have learned: playing inside linebacker takes a unique or not easily learned skill set -- so many things happening at once from different directions.

I read somewhere that a lot of offensive football play design is about getting either the inside linebacker or the safety (or both) to take steps in the wrong direction.

Reddick, Simmons and Collins. Three drafts in five years where the team projected a player into a very hard to learn position.
In my experience, playing one half of the field is very different than having to cross the C. It is similar to the difficulty of having to play 360 degrees as an off-ball LB vs 180 degrees as a DE. Can be a very difficult transition and is not natural for many players.

Your second statement is accurate. Blocking at the second level of defenses is what generates big plays and false steps or bad reads makes those blocks much easier on an OL.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good to hear about the physical work he's putting in

KM's weakness is reading the defense

Hopefully he's studying and learning

If not he will no longer be able to get by on his skills alone

DC's have figured him so it's up to him to take his game to the next level

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone is dumping on Murray like he sucks right now. I'd say he's actually underrated at this point.
I will agree , if it should turn out that we have the #1 pick , I want Caleb Williams , if we should get picks two and 5picks , build around Murray . I think Murray is a top ten QB , I just think Williams is a top five QB !. That is where I am here ! If you have an oppertunity you take it .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose