Week 2 2022: Heroes and Goats

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still find it funny some have put the blame on Kyler & not the blame on the guy who basically has been acquired for not one, but two 1st round picks in his career.

Talk about having low expectations for Hollywood when he is getting excused for that dropped pass. Sheesh.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Off topic but that George Pickens catch last night might be the best catch I've ever seen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still find it funny some have put the blame on Kyler & not the blame on the guy who basically has been acquired for not one, but two 1st round picks in his career.

Talk about having low expectations for Hollywood when he is getting excused for that dropped pass. Sheesh.
How about just tipping your hat to the Raider player, who, imo, made a great play. They get paid, also.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Off topic but that George Pickens catch last night might be the best catch I've ever seen.

Idk about the best catch, but I do remember a few people here wanted us to draft Pickens. Curious if we would have taken if he fell a few picks later at 57. Cant totally dismiss it cause McBride was a bit of a surprise as well. Too bad Trubisky is holding him back.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kylee did the same thing agsinst the Bears last year on 4th and short. He threw to Hopkins in the end zone who made a spectacular catch, ruled out of bounds and then overturned. What Kyler should have done was dump it to a WIDE OPEN Conner for the easy first down and might have even scored.
Kyler being Kyler. He still has a long way to go to be a “ great” qb.
No, he is on the cusp and hopefully turns the corner sooner than later now that he has that contract tying up all that cap space

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. I think Pickens was better as was not only past him vertically but behind him laterally. But each to their own.
No way. OBJ caught the ball with 3 fingers way behind is head. That OBJ catch will go down as the greatest of all time. I don't think it has a chance of ever being beat.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On of our TE's got rag dolled. The tweet said it was McBride that got rag dolled which it wasn't. It was Anderson that got destroyed.
In the game?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Size plays a part of it, but only a part. AJ Green drops balls left and right and he's huge.

Sounds stupid but I think Green has eye problems or something. I was a huge Green fan when he was younger. Admittedly I didn't see anywhere near as many Bengals games as I do Cards games but I don't recall him being this much of a body catcher. I suspect he just doesn't see as well as he used to, who does.

I don't necessarily buy drop stats and I don't know what sort of drop stats he had when younger but it sure seems like he's dropping way more passes but again he's a Card so I see all his games now

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubt there's video of it anymore but we had guy named Dave Stief when still in St Louis that made a one hand catch that unreal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or an interception.
Not I this fact pattern. It was a fairly wide open receiver. A over throw had a greater chance of failure than an interception. Hence the underthrown being more risk averse in this scenario.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Personally I find it silly to blame either.

The ball placement was good, but not many recievers are going to hold on to the ball when they get hit like Hollywood did on that play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose