Week 17-Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/1/23-05/7/23

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So no free agents would sign here this year because they know the team will be very bad. But next year, after this very bad season happens as predicted, free agents will want to come here at a reasonable price for some reason? Am I getting this right? Are we just going to put a sign on the door that says "not tanking anymore" and then they will come running?

Or is the main reason for sitting out FA because Monti appears to be the only GM I can remember who needs to observe the team for a full season before he makes any serious roster moves aside from the draft? And have all of his own hirings in place, which again, seems very rare.

Both of these seem like pretty weak excuses for sitting out (or getting shut out of) free agency for the second consecutive year.
Lock this man up. He’s clearly lost his mind. :sarcasm:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed, because IMO they don't know if they have square holes or round holes yet. And yes, they signed $1M pegs all day long until they figure it out. I'm no saying this is the right way to go, I'm just saying I'm willing to be patient and find out. Light at the end of the tunnel may be a train as said by @schutd, but I'm going to stand and find out.
As is your prerogative. I’m going to stand by the side and see whether you get splattered or not. If you don’t, we’re in the same spot. If you do, well, that was your prerogative.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
As is your prerogative. I’m going to stand by the side and see whether you get splattered or not. If you don’t, we’re in the same spot. If you do, well, that was your prerogative.
It's ok, I been married for 35 years I don't even look both ways when I cross the street anymore. :biglaugh:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BritCard went from claiming Keim built a good roster last offseason to now faulting him for badly constructed rosters.

No mate. I said last year's roster was largely the same as 2021 when we went 11-6.

Nobody expected Kyler to suck so much or so many injuries.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No mate. I said last year's roster was largely the same as 2021 when we went 11-6.

Nobody expected Kyler to suck so much or so many injuries.
And then you received criticism because people knew that last year’s roster wasn’t largely the same as 2021.

Since Keim isn’t apart of the company/organization anymore, you’ve been slandering him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The craziest part about last offseason was that it was the one offseason where Keim really SHOULD have been going for broke, and making all the moves to improve.

Instead we let many good players walk with no obvious replacements in place. (While frittering away the last good years of Kyler's rookie contract)

Now we're basically doing the same thing this offseason. Good times to be a Cards fan!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Instead we let many good players walk with no obvious replacements in place.
We replaced Christian Kirk with Hollywood Brown. Chandler Jones was cooked, but we drafted two players to play his spot.

Is this a Corey Peters take?

It was pretty clear that Michael and Keim thought the 2021 Cardinals suffered from some bad luck down the stretch. They decided to run as much of that roster back as possible.

Turns out that 2021 roster was their ceiling.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Ooh. Sounds good. I'm sure we have the running backs to handle the load. Let's take a quick look at the running back room.

**opens door**
James Conner... OK
Corey Clement... 69 rushing attempts combined in the past three seasons... nice
Keaontay Ingram... averaged 2.2 YPV his rookie year
**closes door**

**faints**
Rondale moore…? Lol