3a. Christian Gonzalez
3b. Witherspoon
5. Van Ness
6. Paris Johnson
7. Skoronski
8. Jones
9. Wright
10 Bresee

Carter I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole with where the Cardinals are as an organization.

I value edge players, then corners, then OL. The OL are good, but not great so they slip behind the corners. I really like Van Ness but he has limited tape.
Van Ness is an absolute monster. Iowa had no idea how to use him. He’s going to surprise the NFL next year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are still players to add. You could take Schmitz at 23 and be ok. Same with Breese. Steve Avila.

You probably end up "reaching" a bit but you can add a solid piece. Hell, if you have 23, offer your 2nd or Budda for Chase Young and roll the dice on him.
The board has debated this at length and most agree that there's a big drop off after about the top 10-12. To only take a paltry return for trading back 17 spots would be criminally stupid. I don't want us to trade back that far, full stop, but if we're fool enough to do so, at least bleed them for picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Then I'm glad you aren't in our front office. This would be a good Suggs trade back analogy right here. Trade far enough back so the already shallow talent pool is empty. Brilliant! If your only point is 2024 will be better, why even bother with the 2023 1st? Take more from their 2024 draft selections. For me? I just don't see this happening in any way, shape, or form, barring a stupid trade.
No the difference is I don't see Will Anderson as generational. He's good but not great. Suggs was transcendent rushing the passer in college. I watched him at ASU and he was more effective than Will Anderson, a lot more bend.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the only way this happens is if Lamar is also negotiated with a new deal...Makes everyone happy and lowers the cap hit.
No way Hop would be happy going to Baltimore with Lamar IMO. He want a freak passer in a passing #1 offense imo. He still eyes the HOF.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The board has debated this at length and most agree that there's a big drop off after about the top 10-12. To only take a paltry return for trading back 17 spots would be criminally stupid. I don't want us to trade back that far, full stop, but if we're fool enough to do so, at least bleed them for picks.
I would argue it would be better than sitting at 3 and taking Tyree Wilson

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No the difference is I don't see Will Anderson as generational. He's good but not great. Suggs was transcendent rushing the passer in college. I watched him at ASU and he was more effective than Will Anderson, a lot more bend.
Forget Anderson--I'm talking about trading so far back you miss out on the top tier of talent in this draft. A trade as bad as the Suggs one. I can easily see where you thought I was coming from, though, using the Suggs name.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave