Week 13- LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better if it’s 32 yards & 43 seconds

not if we have first down at the 15 yard line with two minutes left and just run three straight times, settling for a FG and leaving them enough time to go kick a game winner at the buzzer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you couldn’t tell already, this is the first game of the season I am truly dreading. I think we have negative percent chance to win tomorrow.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
100% agree on misdirection stuff...kills us every time.

I don't think Higbee is a factor (hasn't been all year and we are much better vs TE).

Our CB's may be the best 3 we have had since McVay? Even though PP21 is not at this best. PP21/Kirkpatrick/Murphy are solid.

You hit the nail on the head with Goff...we have to get pressure on him to win. The only victory we have is his rookie season where we got 7 sacks.

You must be registered for see images attach
Goff still pretty much seems to get spoon fed info from McVay till he gets to the line on where to go with the ball. This is when you have a guy like Simmons you can throw a huge monkey wrench into their passing offense by moving him around pre-snap where Goff has no idea what player is playing what position and their coverage... but, this is provided we can stop the run lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What worries me is that - when you create 53 matchups of Ram guys vs. 53 of our guys one-on-one - we lose the vast percentage of those battles.

To beat the Rams, we'll have to win the majority of those scrapes..

(Note - The scary thing is that Donald can erase 3 of our guys all at one time from matchup consideration).

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that is misleading, teams aren't really blitzing that much they're bringing guys but they're stopping and trying to contain Kyler in the pocket and then jump to impact passing lanes. Every now and then yes we see a real blitz with the intent to get Kyler but mostly they're trying to keep him in the pocket, which they've always done. It's working right now because he has a shoulder problem so he's less willing to run.

I do think KK has to dial up some things, screens etc to counter it, and yes as others said we have to attack the middle more.

We've been waiting all year to unleash Dan Arnold but it's interesting Maxx is playing much more because he's such a good run blocker.
If teams are doing that then what other opportunities does it open up for us?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you couldn’t tell already, this is the first game of the season I am truly dreading. I think we have negative percent chance to win tomorrow.

I'm expecting a stomping but it wouldn't surprise me if it's closer than we think but Kliff anti clutches us again by playing for a 45 yard FG to tie.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL on Twitter: ".@BaldyNFL breaks down how the @Patriots defended Kyler Murray in their Week 12 victory! https://t.co/cdXUBEnbNr" / Twitter

this feels as good a place to put this

explains all the runs -- as an offense, if you are facing a 2 lb, 3 S look -- it kinds says "RUN"

also: it sure looks to me like in everyone one of those examples where the Pats played good D -- there was an option for a big play

This doesn't make me feel any better.

All it says to me is that a limited coach and a limited offense had no answers for the most obvious ways for a defense to stop them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave