Week 12 Arizona off season thread. (3/27/23-4/2/23)

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Again, Mikey isn't cheap, he just has bad taste, like those douchebags in Scottsdale who drop 5 grand on an outfit yet end up looking like the struggling gamblers you see at the horse track. Truth is between Keim, Kingsbury and Kyler - Mikey dropped $290 million. Ravens fans should be in envious of Michael Bidwill

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, Mikey isn't cheap, he just has bad taste, like those douchebags in Scottsdale who drop 5 grand on an outfit yet end up looking like the struggling gamblers you see at the horse track. Truth is between Keim, Kingsbury and Kyler - Mikey dropped $290 million. Ravens fans should be in envious of Michael Bidwill
He ran a nfl franchise he must have to spend some money when he is forced to do

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill had a plan
His First goal was a new plane
In order to do that he could not consider spending money on secondary things
I guess u know why Keim lasted so long, he was a yes man, he perfectly fit the GM criteria for one of the stingy ownership in the nfl

I find it weird people think Mike is responsible for facilities. You think Robert Kraft is doing that for the Pats?

Ultimately he's accountable because he employs the people that do. But the responsibility (or the standards) is with the GM and the facilities manager.

I think Mike can be blamed for allowing Keim to be generally crap at his job for the past 4 years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Keim was still GM this security guy would be our 5th round draft pick at Linebacker

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I find it weird people think Mike is responsible for facilities. You think Robert Kraft is doing that for the Pats?

Ultimately he's accountable because he employs the people that do. But the responsibility (or the standards) is with the GM and the facilities manager.

I think Mike can be blamed for allowing Keim to be generally crap at his job for the past 4 years.
Obviously Michael isn’t responsible for racking the weights and wiping down the machines but he’s the owner.

Ultimately he’s responsible for every aspect of the organization. He’s also well-known to be a hands-on owner who is around the facility constantly. It’s not credible to say that he wasn’t aware of the facilities being sub-par.

In fact, it’s ridiculous. As ridiculous as the Cards saying that actually now they’re upgrading the facilities and it has nothing to do with the report card.

Kk.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Obviously Michael isn’t responsible for racking the weights and wiping down the machines but he’s the owner.

Ultimately he’s responsible for every aspect of the organization. He’s also well-known to be a hands-on owner who is around the facility constantly. It’s not credible to say that he wasn’t aware of the facilities being sub-par.

In fact, it’s ridiculous. As ridiculous as the Cards saying that actually now they’re upgrading the facilities and it has nothing to do with the report card.

Kk.
I don’t think anyone said it had nothing to do with the report…what I read was the upgrades were underway before the report was made public. I’m 100% sure team owners knew the reports contents well in advance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kk.

But if you have a GM who think they are fine it's hard for Mike to overrule him without undermining him no? Maybe reports of discontent weren't making it back to him? How often do you think Mike is walking around the gym to see what it's like?

Sounds like as soon as Keim was gone they started making changes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But if you have a GM who think they are fine it's hard for Mike to overrule him without undermining him no? Maybe reports of discontent weren't making it back to him? How often do you think Mike is walking around the gym to see what it's like?

Constantly. It’s one of the main areas of the businesses he owns.

It’s remarkable how many people will twist themselves in knots to excuse a failson like Michael Bidwill. Why?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s remarkable how many people will twist themselves in knots to excuse a failson like Michael Bidwill. Why?

Nobody is twisting into knots. I just find it incredibly unlikely that a multimillionaire CEO is cognisant of the state of the gym floor. Or anything like that that hasn't been fed up to them by the people they pay to handle that stuff.

Every business owner I've ever known who's involved in the day to day only gets involved with the fun or interesting parts of the business and has no interest in the tedious minutiae they pay other people to keep on top of.

Some fans seem to think Bidwill is micromanaging every aspect of the business and I don't think that's at all likely.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's fine. If Kyler doesn't care about it good for him I guess. But then he (via his pissy IG comments or his defenders like Brown) can't complain when people take shots at him. And the Kyler stans can't blame people for not liking him when he doesn't do anything to be liked.

Personally, I think the things he would need to do to be more liked would be so insignificant and take so little of his time that it reeks of contempt for fans and fans (and the wider NFL in general) have picked up on that. But, you know, just don't complain about it when it bites you.
You’re blaming a teammate and friend sticking up for murray on murray?!? That’s some next level hate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's fine. If Kyler doesn't care about it good for him I guess. But then he (via his pissy IG comments or his defenders like Brown) can't complain when people take shots at him. And the Kyler stans can't blame people for not liking him when he doesn't do anything to be liked.

Personally, I think the things he would need to do to be more liked would be so insignificant and take so little of his time that it reeks of contempt for fans and fans (and the wider NFL in general) have picked up on that. But, you know, just don't complain about it when it bites you.
He’s a recognized introvert who chooses to refrain from doing things that help his marketability now equates to “he hates the fans.”

Jesus

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, now there were posters who are admonishing Gannon for saying we have enough centers on the roster we’re not looking at center…..

No matter what angle the organization seems to take you can’t win was slanidracs point.
Was it Bullhead that played both sides of the coin or someone else? You know, two people can possess different opinions. I see posters say this about ASFN all the time like it’s schizophrenic or something. It’s a collection of different people. It’s not hypocrisy for one person to think one way and another to think another. I always shake my head at these board level admonishments.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Murphy shuts down CB1s" never made sense. It continued when he was out.

It was just the scheme that left everyone else open.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone said it had nothing to do with the report…what I read was the upgrades were underway before the report was made public. I’m 100% sure team owners knew the reports contents well in advance.
The team/media tried to indicate that the upgrades had nothing to do with the report or any outside influence. They tried to convince the public these upgrades were well in the works prior to any report.
Which, I think, is bs. This organization is only reactive. Never proactive.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

how often do you think he walks around other teams gyms....so he knows his 20mil investment has gone stale and doesnt measure up?
we aint talking about the local pig iron pile, any of these facilities are going to far exceed your local planet fitness

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I mike
The team/media tried to indicate that the upgrades had nothing to do with the report or any outside influence. They tried to convince the public these upgrades were well in the works prior to any report.
Which, I think, is bs. This organization is only reactive. Never proactive.
I haven't seen those articles.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
how often do you think he walks around other teams gyms....so he knows his 20mil investment has gone stale and doesnt measure up?
we aint talking about the local pig iron pile, any of these facilities are going to far exceed your local planet fitness
The gym was featured in Hard Knocks and it looked worse than any lifetime fitness or equinox.

Michael should have a standard that’s the top of the league in all aspects.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Anyone here who owns a business or runs a business think this excuse for Mike is as crazy as I do? Cuz I REALLY do.

It’s not the cardinals facilities are some enormous college campus. And I’ll bet Mike is there often.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anyone here who owns a business or runs a business think this excuse for Mike is as crazy as I do? Cuz I REALLY do.

It’s not the cardinals facilities are some enormous college campus. And I’ll bet Mike is there often.
with my business ventures the details were exactly my job. Because the hourly guys didnt seem to care.
But my method never grew me to 3bil

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The weird thing is I could have sworn over the years, I would hear news of new facilities and upgrades. The new training bubble was a big deal. And when people talked about the days of charging for drinks, it was talked about in past tense. So I was caught off guard when I first heard Shipley's comments about the facility and especially about charging for food.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose